IGNORED

Return to Forever

Likewise really excited about R2F's return. Huge fan. Talk about unbelievable musicianship. Got tickets for the Atlanta show. Should be a mind blower.

Would be interested in your review of the Todd show. Also major fan from way back. You're right - his shows lately can be either just good fun or really great. Might catch him next weekend.

TheOtherTim

Hey Tim - You mention musicianship in your post. That word is almost never mentioned today. People love to use the very ambiguous "genius" to describe artists. I won't get going on this topic.

I love great musicians and wish more of them were publicized for their skills. As a nonmusician myself I may miss the opportunity to hear some talented people because I am unaware of their great skills. Unfortunately great skill at your craft doesn't take you to the top when it comes to music.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Tim

We really enjoyed Todd. He seemed to be in a great mood and the band was tight. Didn't play too many of the radio hits, but every song was hot in it's own way. The Tampa Theater is small so it was intimate. We "upgraded" ourselves to 2nd row center stage. Probably 15 feet from the band. I would definitely go again any chance I got. Drummer, to guitars and bass. Todd and two others on vocals. Todd shared the leads, but did his rock star pose for many leads. Had that t shirt with circles like a target on. His green guitar seemed to be acting up a bit, he'd tip it up and look at it then hand it to the tech.

There was an incredibly drunk guy row one they handled pretty well. Cops finally grabbed him and Todd said let him stay. We had fun.

IT,

Glad you enjoyed the TR show. Actually nice that he didn't stick to the hits. His catalog of amazing stuff is certainly deep enough to entertain. Totally know the rock star pose you refer to. Pretty funny, and in most cases it's not just a pose - he can really wail when he wants to. Well, the decision now is whether to catch him this weekend. A bit of a drive for us and it's in sort of a small dive, but it's Todd.....we'll see. Thanks for the review.

Tim

• 8 months later...

Yo 'Tuber -

Going back to this dusty old thread, I'm on HD Tracks' emailing list, and their most recent notice was "featuring Chick Corea". They are selling two old recordings - one with Gary Burton called "Crystal Silence", and another with the very original R2F band - Clarke, Airto, etc, called "Return to Forever". I don't have these, but the clips sound nice. I might buy the Gary Burton one because it sounds great and also to support the HD Tracks cause. BTW I think they are in 16/44 only and not 24/96. No big deal.

TheOtherTim