IGNORED

I really wish...

...that Mozart had completed his Requiem.

...that Wagner had written symphonies (Siegfried-Idyll doesn't count in my view).

...that Bruckner had written much more organ music.

...that JS Bach's eye surgeon had done a better job.

...that Tchaikovsky had not drunk tap water in a period of cholera.

...that Furtwängler had lived longer and recorded for RCA Living Stereo, Mercury Living Presence or Decca.

... that Janice, Jimmy, and Van had all had access to competent drug counseling and help.

... that Karen C. had gotten help with anorexia/bulimia.

... that Gilbert and Sullivan's original productions had been recorded.

... that Elgar was still around and I had an introduction to him.

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

... I knew who "Janice, Jimmy, and Van" were.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

...Buddy and Otis weren't on those airplanes on those two days.

Dave, who says to David above if he's not kidding "Joplin, Hendrix" and guessing "Van Zandt"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

who says to David above if he's not kidding "Joplin, Hendrix" and guessing "Van Zandt"

Sort of kidding, but that would then be Janis, Jimi, and I'm guessing Jim (as opposed to Van, who's maybe a tad overweight but otherwise in reasonable shape, considering his age and profession).

Pãolo will clear it up, I'm sure.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Sort of kidding, but that would then be Janis, Jimi, and I'm guessing Jim (as opposed to Van, who's maybe a tad overweight but otherwise in reasonable shape, considering his age and profession).

Pãolo will clear it up, I'm sure.

--David

(grin) Yes, I misspelled them all. Teach me to type on a iPad with a dictatorial spelling checker it will... Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, and Jim Morrison. The summer the world almost came to an end.

The spelling checker apparently thought I meant Janice the Frog in Dr. Teeth's band...

It was my goof on Van vice Jim though. Just plain wrong. Brain fart...

Robert A. Heinlein

(grin) Yes, I misspelled them all. Teach me to type on a iPad with a dictatorial spelling checker it will... Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, and Jim Morrison. The summer the world almost came to an end.

The spelling checker apparently thought I meant Janice the Frog in Dr. Teeth's band...

It was my goof on Van vice Jim though. Just plain wrong. Brain fart...

Well then, I still really wish...

....that Townes Van Zandt also had access to competent drug counseling and help.

Music is love, made audible.

... that Elgar was still around and I had an introduction to him.

I really wish that I knew the story behind why you'd like to meet Elgar. If you could meet, hopefully it would be at the racetrack. I think he'd be more amenable to conversation there. Would you wear your tweeds?

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X

I really wish that I knew the story behind why you'd like to meet Elgar. If you could meet, hopefully it would be at the racetrack. I think he'd be more amenable to conversation there. Would you wear your tweeds?

He was the first composer I can think of that started actually recording his works, first on a gramophone and then with a microphone. ;) Besides, I absolutely love The Dream of Gerontius.

I don't think I have any tweeds that will fit, so just have to wear my best suit. :)

-Paul

Robert A. Heinlein

... I knew who "Janice, Jimmy, and Van" were.

--David

Orgel, yes I think, add Jim not Van, they all were part of the curse of 27 group....Karen Carpenter, I believe one of the best female pop voices in history. I grew up in Downey California and Karen and her brother Richard were one of Downey's proudest accomplishments along with the Rockwell Plant that built the command module for the Apollo moon missions.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place". George Bernard Shaw.

As long as we're going there -

- That Mark David Chapman had not succeeded in his insane crime.

- That Lowell George had less of a taste for "speedballs."

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

As long as we're going there -

- That Mark David Chapman had not succeeded in his insane crime.

- That Lowell George had less of a taste for "speedballs."

I cannot remember my own name half the time, but I know exactly where I was and what I was doing, in my car, driving down Imperial Blvd in Downey CA to get some food at Taco Bell (hey I was only 20) when I heard that news on KLOS radio in Los Angeles. Sad day.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place". George Bernard Shaw.

He was the first composer I can think of that started actually recording his works, first on a gramophone and then with a microphone. ;) Besides, I absolutely love The Dream of Gerontius.

I don't think I have any tweeds that will fit, so just have to wear my best suit. :)

-Paul

I never knew he recorded his music! Gerontius is one I've never heard. Will need to remedy that. What's your favorite version of the cello concerto? After hearing DuPre I didn't feel a need for other versions.

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X

I never knew he recorded his music! Gerontius is one I've never heard. Will need to remedy that. What's your favorite version of the cello concerto? After hearing DuPre I didn't feel a need for other versions.

J. DuPre is the mistress of the Elgar cello concertos, without doubt. I really like the version that Jamie Walton did though. It is different in a refreshing way.

116coverLow.jpg

Elgar & Myaskovsky Cello Concertos

Robert A. Heinlein

I really wish...

I understood half the writings of you illuminati electronica technica on this forum.

Oh well, I still enjoy my music anyway...

a big +1 from a fellow coot.

... I could have been at the premier of Beethoven's 9th, and at the conclusion, given him a hug.

... I could walk Beethoven into a modern recording studio and say, "flip that switch and check out what this stuff can do."

... Keith Moon had gone to sleep early.

... Stevie Ray didn't get on the helicopter.

... I could unsee the Mick Jagger and Davie Bowie video.

... (while we're at it) Keith Richards had just said no.

... I had practiced more. (Ok, at all.)

... that I could sneak into Heaven and hear a performance by the Coltrane/Hendrix Band.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant