IGNORED

Raspberry Pi2 released!

Perhaps some enterprising CA member with more IT knowledge than I have can figure out how to use this device as a replacement for the Logitech Squeezobox Touch, now that John Swenson' Wandaboard based project was apparently shot down in a volley of mysterious, bizarre, and unexplained legal injunctions.

Guido F.

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.

Perhaps some enterprising CA member with more IT knowledge than I have can figure out how to use this device as a replacement for the Logitech Squeezobox Touch, now that John Swenson' Wandaboard based project was apparently shot down in a volley of mysterious, bizarre, and unexplained legal injunctions.

Guido F.

Well Father Sarducci, I see an Ubuntu install with an i2S Dac for starters......and a nice case of course, maybe with a slot loaded CD Rom drive. There's some cool DAC boards with display panels on Ebay from Weiliang that people over at DIYAudio rave about.

Well Father Sarducci, I see an Ubuntu install with an i2S Dac for starters......and a nice case of course, maybe with a slot loaded CD Rom drive. There's some cool DAC boards with display panels on Ebay from Weiliang that people over at DIYAudio rave about.
Like this? Wolfson Audio Card ID: 1761 - $34.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits Or is it something different? It supports 24/192 as well according to the manual.

This information covers most models of the Raspberry Pi devices. Note that some DACs only work with certain RP versions as well as cases.

Software for Audio playback

Volumio

RuneAudio

SqueezePlug

PiCorePlayer

PiMusicBox

Mopidy

Sound Cards For The Raspberry Pi

HiFiBerry DAC+ - RCA or Phone Jack, Dedicated 192kHz/24bit high-quality Burr-Brown DAC

Pi-DAC+ - Audiophile TI Burr Brown 32-bit/384kHz DAC (TI PCM5122)

Wolfson Audio Card for Raspberry Pi Revision 2 Model A and B

IQaudIO.com Pi-AMP+ 2x20w Class D amp for ...

Durio Sound - PCM5102 DAC chip , 24-bit 192kHz ultimate sound quality

Hifimediy ES9023 I2S DAC for Raspberry Pi mod B 192Khz/24bit

Raspberry Pi i2s DAC: why this sounds so good

[Guide] List of I2S DACs for Raspberry Pi

HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 Asynchronous USB DAC

Hifime 9018 in the works - HiFime 9018 Asynchronous High resolution USB DAC

Cases

Flirc Raspberry Pi B+ Case

Adafruit cases

Raspberry Pi Starter Kits

CanaKit Raspberry Pi B+ Complete Starter Kit with WiFi (Raspberry Pi B Plus + WiFi + Original Preloaded 8GB SD Card + Case + Power Supply + HDMI Cable)

CanaKit Raspberry Pi B+ Basic Kit (Raspberry Pi B Plus + 2.5A Micro USB Power Supply)

Articles

Raspberry Pi as Hi-Fi Player with RuneAudio

Turn Raspberry Pi into audiophile music player

Raspberry Pi Entertainment Guide

Thank you! Really appreciate your supplying these links. Lots of material to digest.

Any article specific to a Squeezebox replacement that uses LMS protocol and is controllable via iPeng and SqueezePad?

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.

I saw this mentioned -

I2S DACs support out of the box. R-pi DAC, Hifiberry & Hifiberry DIGI, Iq-Audio Pi DAC, Raspy3Play. Just connect them, and activate the proper driver from the i2s selector. Reboot and enjoy.

Some Pi developers and users have been...em.....not so happy with I2S compatability and report frequent drop outs and lock ups. Of course I haven't followed the discussion enough to discover the cause, but is suspect from the frequency of reports, I2S is not yet a plug and play option.

Some Pi developers and users have been...em.....not so happy with I2S compatability and report frequent drop outs and lock ups. Of course I haven't followed the discussion enough to discover the cause, but is suspect from the frequency of reports, I2S is not yet a plug and play option.

I haven't heard about these problems with I2S. I've tried Raspberry Pi Model Bs with the IQAudio Pi DAC and the Wolfson DAC and they both worked very well indeed. I preferred the sound of the IQAudio DAC with the Volumio music oriented Linux distribution. I lent a non-audiophile friend the IQAudio DAC/Pi combination when I visited the UK at Christmas time, and this is the latest I heard from him: "Am enjoying music massively!!!". So I personally think a Raspberry Pi with an I2S DAC works great, and is less problematic that using them for USB audio.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot