IGNORED

Lampizator Logo

This is a "tempest in a teapot" thread, but worth mentioning from a marketing perspective.

The Lampizator logo, as shown on their web site and as reproduced with other reviews such as CA is off level. It's tilted a few degrees up on the left hand side.

As someone who does a lot of precision work, to me it comes across as clumsy and unprofessional. If you can't get your logo right, why look any further?

Or is this something they've done deliberately? If so I can't think of a good reason.

A response from the marketing world would be appreciated.

(You can find it here: http://www.lampizator.eu/newdac/lampizator/Welcome_to_LampizatOr.html )

It is a deliberate design decision. The real question is whether it opens up the soundstage, lifts veils, and punches beyond its price-point.

_MG_8994.jpg

Do you have a source for that? It's not that I don't believe you, but I'm trying to think how having a crooked logo indicates anything other than that.

Do you have a source for that? It's not that I don't believe you, but I'm trying to think how having a crooked logo indicates anything other than that.

Do I have a source for my personal opinion that is based on nothing more than viewing the logo?

Strangely, no, I did not consult the peer-reviewed published literature, but instead based my personal opinion upon the observation that they went to some trouble to stylize the O, so presumably the rest of the design is also intentional. Now it could be the O is simply a different font (comic sans?) and is therefore part of the typo...

The Lampizator logo, as shown on their web site and as reproduced with other reviews such as CA is off level. It's tilted a few degrees up on the left hand side.

I disagree it's tilted a few degrees down on the right hand side. :)

All kidding aside though, I find the image on their website unpleasant to look at and unprofessional. It gives the impression that they don't pay attention to the little details and we all know that high quality audio is all about the details.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

This is a "tempest in a teapot" thread, but worth mentioning from a marketing perspective.

As someone who does a lot of precision work, to me it comes across as clumsy and unprofessional. If you can't get your logo right, why look any further?

Or is this something they've done deliberately? If so I can't think of a good reason.

A response from the marketing world would be appreciated.

(You can find it here: FROM POLAND WITH LOVE )

Perhaps, you should share your thoughts with Lukasz Fikus: [email protected]

I brought an error on his website to the attention of a DAC manufacturer who sells direct and he offered me a 10% discount as a thank you. As i already had a DAC I was very happy with, I gracously declined. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Who cares about sound quality anymore, it's all about the bling :)

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

Who cares about sound quality anymore, it's all about the bling :)

Of course is the bling :)

My Big 7 has a blue led status light. I have no doubt that blue opens the soundstage at realistic levels, not to mention details... BTW the led is centered in the front faceplate. I can't see with clarity the logo letters from my seating position because they are unobtrusive.

No long ago I bought a DAC from the UK, one of the best looking DACs you can find, didn't work since the beginning: It was built and assembled in China, maybe never tested prior to shipping, because the part that failed is not one to be damaged by shocks or transit. The price? You can guess converted from British Pounds.

Several light years ago I was at a dealer showroom where there was two black amplifiers in the floor, an ugly Mark Levinson No. 3 and a beautiful Nakamichi. When I complain about the ugly Levinson the salesman fast as a serpent told me: "Buy bought, look at the Nakamichi when listening the Levinson".

If somebody complains about the Lampi DACs price please compare to dCS or MSB stacks SQ and then we can talk.

Cheers!

Roch

Several light years ago I was at a dealer showroom...

Sorry, Roch, but you are mixing up your time and distance metaphors. A light year is approximately 10 trillion kilometres.

Now, if you had said: Several eons ago...:)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron