IGNORED

DN2800MT to windows server 2012, what BIOS and specific drivers?

Jockaruba

Hi All,

I am planning to change the OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows Server 2012 (V2)

This is what I have right now:

-Caps V3 mini itx much in line with the Lagoon with the DN2800MT motherboard (Mitac)

-Windows 8 32 bit installed

-SSD 64 bit

-Paul Pang card

-Keces power supply to power the Caps and PP card separately (Currently using the standard power supply)

-Buffalo Technology external DriveStation Combo 4, 2 TB (HD-HS2.0TQ-EU)

-Jriver

What BIOS can i use for the Win 2012? (the once I find don't mention Windows Server 2012)

Are there beside for the PPA card any other drivers I need to find before installing Windows server 2012 V2?

Thank you

Jock

Music Server: Caps v3, ssd, ppa usb3 v2 card, external usb hdd, Keces Powersupply,Windows Server 2016, JRiver, audio optimizer. DAC: Teac UD-501. Amplifier: SSE tube amb with Class D L15D Amps for lower frequencies Mini DSP Open Baffle Tangband w8-1808 and double Emminence Alpha15 Cables: Signal Cable USA, Chord silverplus usb.

Why do ypu need a different BIOS ? Is there sth wrong with the one you are using ? Are you shure you meant BIOS, not drivers ?

As for drivers, I'm running my CAPS V3 MoBo (Intel DT2800) with Win 2012 without any extra drivers installed. Everything runs on Win 2012 generic drivers.

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

Why do ypu need a different BIOS ? Is there sth wrong with the one you are using ? Are you shure you meant BIOS, not drivers ?

As for drivers, I'm running my CAPS V3 MoBo (Intel DT2800) with Win 2012 without any extra drivers installed. Everything runs on Win 2012 generic drivers.

Nothing wrong with the BIOS. Thanks for your reply. This makes things way easier than I expected.

Jock

Music Server: Caps v3, ssd, ppa usb3 v2 card, external usb hdd, Keces Powersupply,Windows Server 2016, JRiver, audio optimizer. DAC: Teac UD-501. Amplifier: SSE tube amb with Class D L15D Amps for lower frequencies Mini DSP Open Baffle Tangband w8-1808 and double Emminence Alpha15 Cables: Signal Cable USA, Chord silverplus usb.

To round this one up.

I got windows server 2012 installed and it works like a charm. All basic drivers are there and installing drivers for the PPang V2 audiocard and TEAC DAC went fine. JRiver 19 also. Next step is finding some kind of virus protection.

Thanks again Adam .

I have always run my servers without any virus protection. It is belived that virus protection ads quite a few processes at the background, and chance is degrading the sound.

I have to admit I never tried using one - but the above assumption makes sense to me. Afterall - this is the opposite to what Audiophile Optimizer, Jplay or Fidelizer software are doing.

I have never had a single problem because of this. Just don't use the server to browse the Internet or read your emails, and you should be fine.

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3