IGNORED

Article: CAPS v4 Maroubra and Bundoran

Chris, will you be posting any tips on tweaking Win 8 by disabling un-necessary services and suchlike? This was covered in some detail back with the CAPS v2 article, but that info was specifically for windows 7 and may no longer apply to the newer O/S. Thanks.

It would apply just as much if not more with all the unnecessary junk that is running in Win 8. Sadly there has been much recent misinformation that this tuning is unnecessary. It would be great for Chris to update this information for the people building these systems so they may obtain optimum performance for his suggested configurations.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Yes I have seen a few people get this working. I have also seem some people who could not get it working. Basically Intel is trying very hard to keep it from working so future updates of the driver or Windows 2012 might break this hack.

Don't seem like a good idea to go against Intel.

It is basically the driver signature, I would not call this a hack. There is never a reason to update a network driver once it is working.

This is not going against Intel, they just do not see a market to have a server driver for non server devices, but that is not any reason to make it seem like doing this is wrong.

It is actually an excellent idea IMO to enable one to run a better sounding OS on one's system if one want.

regards

Bob