IGNORED

Diana Krall, "Wallflower"

I don't want to make a big deal out of this Miguelito but to tell you the truth, when I first read that you wanted to spit on her face because you didn't like her album I thought It was quite violent! Maybe because we are guys and she's a girl It made It worse for me but... Wow!

I know you didn't meant It, It was just a saying and that you may very well be the nicest and sweetest guy on earth but... Wow!

That was completely uncalled for. I am sorry.

I am the sweetest guy on earth BTW...

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

That was completely uncalled for. I am sorry.

I am the sweetest guy on earth BTW...

Hello miguelito,

Given my unexpressed unfavorable reaction to your original post, your gesture of apology is well received.

Given that the CA Forum is read by members and visitors alike from the far reaches of the World-At-Large, including possibly Diana Krall or someone who knows her, making amends is an action well-done in my opinion. I appreciate your apology and reconsideration of the CD album which I also own and reached a different assessment after listening to the AIFF rip I made after adding to my music library. This in no way finds fault with you for reaching a subjective assessment of an album that is negative versus positive.

And, as for the timing, it is never too late to make amends.

With appreciation,

Richard

Hello miguelito,

Given my unexpressed unfavorable reaction to your original post, your gesture of apology is well received.

Given that the CA Forum is read by members and visitors alike from the far reaches of the World-At-Large, including possibly Diana Krall or someone who knows her, making amends is an action well-done in my opinion. I appreciate your apology and reconsideration of the CD album which I also own and reached a different assessment after listening to the AIFF rip I made after adding to my music library. This in no way finds fault with you for reaching a subjective assessment of an album that is negative versus positive.

And, as for the timing, it is never too late to make amends.

With appreciation,

Richard

I had an allergic reaction to Superstar, but after listening carefully it really is a beautiful album, and with beautiful guest performances as well.

I bought the HDTracks 48KHz/24bit version, and it sounds great. Looking at the tracks with Spek it does look like the full bandwidth is being used, so not a dud in this respect.

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

I had an allergic reaction to Superstar, but after listening carefully it really is a beautiful album, and with beautiful guest performances as well.

I bought the HDTracks 48KHz/24bit version, and it sounds great. Looking at the tracks with Spek it does look like the full bandwidth is being used, so not a dud in this respect.

Thank you for this information. Appreciate your assessment of the DL (smile) as I have held off out of concern for the production SQ for the DL. No longer concerned. I believe I have all her albums; and do not balk at repurchasing albums as DLs even when I have ripped the CD.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

After reading both of your positive comments, I reluctantly tried listening to it again. My own personal opinion remains that it is terribly over produced and that Ms. Krall fails to connect with any of a wonderful groups of songs, many of which are favorites of mine. I have great respect for her talent, and was really looking forward to meaningful interpretations of these songs, but that didn't happen.

That said, you certainly have every right to your opinions, and I am glad you enjoy it. I personally remain immensely disappointed.

JC

Interesting comments, I personally haven't listened to it yet. I am not a die hard fan but have a couple of her CDs that I listen to occasionally.

One of the things that has kept me from buying this is that it is significantly compressed compared to her previous releases - the DR database shows an album rating of (DR8) for the HDTracks download, with one track dipping down to (DR6), which makes me think that this could be quite bright sounding or fatiguing on a decent setup? Compare this to the HDTracks download of Girl In The Other Room (DR12) and there is a big difference. Of course it all comes down to how it actually sounds and I would be interested in any opinions on that........

Interesting comments, I personally haven't listened to it yet. I am not a die hard fan but have a couple of her CDs that I listen to occasionally.

One of the things that has kept me from buying this is that it is significantly compressed compared to her previous releases - the DR database shows an album rating of (DR8) for the HDTracks download, with one track dipping down to (DR6), which makes me think that this could be quite bright sounding or fatiguing on a decent setup? Compare this to the HDTracks download of Girl In The Other Room (DR12) and there is a big difference. Of course it all comes down to how it actually sounds and I would be interested in any opinions on that........

Understood... YMMV

system pics

DR of the redbook is 7-8 as well, so you clearly don't want to get it for audiophile reasons, it just sounds like your regular pop album (which it is) Whether you want it for the music is controversial as you can see from this thread. My opinion about it can be found here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f15-music-general/diana-krall-wallflower-23233/#post398596