IGNORED

Which device would you prefer?

Hi,

given the high quality of your speakers and apparently very good quality of your amp (don't know it) I would suggest to consider sopending a little more $ on the DAC.

Since you've mentioned the Pro-Ject Dac Box DS I think you should also look at the Pro-Ject DAC Box RS (~€900,-). The Dac Box DS is possibly a bit dated and also a bit limited compared to more recent offerings.

You've quoted a german link ... so I assume you are speaking german. Here's a link to 2 (german) reviews of the DAC Box RS: Pro-Ject DAC Box RS Test Digital/Analog-Wandler

And here is a review on Quobuz (english): Pro-Ject DAC Box RS: inputs and digital audio formats galore!

Finally here's a thread with my impressions about the DAC Box RS and other users who use the Pre Box RS: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/pro-ject-digital-analogue-converter-box-rs-22814/

Also take the time to take a look at the threads here on the forum concerning the iFi DACs.

Hmm ... possibly not the answer you were looking for. Sorry. But I think you should not underestimate the quality of the DAC ...

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX