IGNORED

Integrated amp-DAC-HT bypass?

Hey,

I'm looking to get a separate integrated amp with DAT and HT by-pass to add to my HT system. Objective: better 2.1 stereo for music. Current setup is an Integra 30.3 fed by a Cambridge DAC Magic fed wirelessly by Airplay Express from dedicated hard drive WAV files.

Considered Peachtree 220SE, but no HT by-pass.

Anything else come to mind in this ($2000) price range?

Thanks in advance.

S

How much power do you need?

If you find an integrated with a pre-out, it may be able to be modded into an HT bypass.

Hey,

I'm looking to get a separate integrated amp with DAT and HT by-pass to add to my HT system. Objective: better 2.1 stereo for music. Current setup is an Integra 30.3 fed by a Cambridge DAC Magic fed wirelessly by Airplay Express from dedicated hard drive WAV files.

Thanks in advance.

S

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Hey,

Thanks in advance.

S

Musical Fidelity M6i would be my choice. Plenty of power and I think you can find it used below $2000. Other options: Musical Fidelity M3i or Krell S300i.

Parasound Halo Integrated

Yeah, it looks like it would do the trick nicely.

What about going with the Parasound P5 preamp and sticking with the amp section in my 30.3? Would the amp in the Parasound Integrated give a noticeable difference in sound for the extra $1500? I am currently bi-amping the 683's with the 30.3 at 100Wpc while the Parasound does not allow for bi-amping at 160Wpc. It is a cleaner amp, though.

Rotel RA1570 (I think that's the model). Rotel do a few options with integrated and separate pre and power amps.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I was about to mention W4S stp se,but it's just a pre amp (I use it in a HC and hifi setup as it's HC bypass). as mentionned though, the Mint is really great too.

I use the HT bypass on the STP-SE (and also use the STP-SE for my audio-only listening), and I'm very happy with it. There's also the full-size W4S STI-500 for $1,999, which offers more power than the mINT. In my experience W4S is a great company to deal with.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Rotels have no HT bypass.

They do ... Well at least the RA1570 does. In the settings menu you select fixed gain for the required input.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Yeah, it looks like it would do the trick nicely.

What about going with the Parasound P5 preamp and sticking with the amp section in my 30.3? Would the amp in the Parasound Integrated give a noticeable difference in sound for the extra $1500? I am currently bi-amping the 683's with the 30.3 at 100Wpc while the Parasound does not allow for bi-amping at 160Wpc. It is a cleaner amp, though.

I have little doubt that the Parasound amp is superior to the Integra's amp but I have no comment on the passive bi-amping as I have not found it to be a useful configuration. As for the P5, the digital portion of the Integrated is a significant improvement over that in the P5.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

• 4 weeks later...
Hey,

Thanks in advance.

S

Any luck? here is a list that might be helpful, i am also looking... still..

Amplifiers with HT-bypass - update 24.January 2015 with amp from Exposure