IGNORED

Bit Perfect and Exclusive Mode in Windows 8 Pro 32 bit

I was confused by the computer audiophile acadamy article about windows 7 and J.river 14. Instructions for setting up your computer for bit perfect audio disscussed Exclusive mode and shared mode. I don't remember ever hearing these terms before and I don't know where or how to find them. In J.river media center 17 that I have, there is a radio button that states something to the effect of: allow a device to play in exclusive mode, or something to that effect. I don't have J. river in front of me but is this what the article is describing? If not, please advise.

Thanks, Garth

I was confused by the computer audiophile acadamy article about windows 7 and J.river 14. Instructions for setting up your computer for bit perfect audio disscussed Exclusive mode and shared mode. I don't remember ever hearing these terms before and I don't know where or how to find them. In J.river media center 17 that I have, there is a radio button that states something to the effect of: allow a device to play in exclusive mode, or something to that effect. I don't have J. river in front of me but is this what the article is describing? If not, please advise.

Thanks, Garth

FWIW, I don't know if this is of any help: Exclusive Access - JRiverWiki

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron