IGNORED

Article: Auralic Aries Review

I am having a pair of signal transformers built XLR/RCA for my Vega , I have been using Cardas XLR/RCA adapters . By using these transformers the balanced signal will be converted to unbalanced the correct way . I am doing this since all my gear is single ended . I should have them in a couple weeks and will post the results .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi- Have any of you found it difficult to load complete play lists while using Tidal? I have one play list with about 180 tracks on it and after about the first 30-40 are added to the quee it stops. I'm using the latest firmware (2.1) and the latest app for ipad. Thanks.

Hi- Have any of you found it difficult to load complete play lists while using Tidal? I have one play list with about 180 tracks on it and after about the first 30-40 are added to the quee it stops. I'm using the latest firmware (2.1) and the latest app for ipad. Thanks.

Yes I do see this . The question though is will it continue to play after 30-40 tracks the rest of the playlist .

I don't know .do you?

Yes I do see this . The question though is will it continue to play after 30-40 tracks the rest of the playlist .

I don't know .do you?

The queue ended after the last song for me..but I might have found a work around or maybe I was just lucky. When the large Tidal playlist was up, there is a little plus + that gives you the option to add to the queue. It also gives you an option to add it to 'favorites'. When I opened the same playlist as a favorite and clicked on the little + to add to the queue all 188 songs were added to the queue.

The queue ended after the last song for me..but I might have found a work around or maybe I was just lucky. When the large Tidal playlist was up, there is a little plus + that gives you the option to add to the queue. It also gives you an option to add it to 'favorites'. When I opened the same playlist as a favorite and clicked on the little + to add to the queue all 188 songs were added to the queue.

Nice find

• 2 weeks later...

Have you compared the Aries, or any other high-end streamer, to an Apple TV? I stream TIDAL from an iPad via AirPlay to an Apple TV, then connect that via TOSLINK to my DAC. I think it sounds really good, but would be interested in your impressions of Apple TV vs. other streamers in this application. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Well then look at the Aurender N10 available in March 2015. It's got a wide variety of outputs. No pricing information yet though. It's certainly going to cost more than the N100.

I'd definitely like to hear a comparison between the Auralic Aries and the Aurender N100 re sound quality. I hope miguelito will audition the N100 since he's said he's not that price sensitive. TIDAL integration is supposed to be imminent on the N100.

An authorized dealer for Aurender told me a few days ago that the N10 will go for $8,000. Ouch. I'd like to have more outputs than USB only, but that's not in my range.

Guildenstern

• 2 weeks later...
I enjoyed this review but am still confused as to whether or not I would even be able to use this product. I had wanted to purchase it some time ago when it was first released but never quite understood how it would work in my setup. Perhaps someone could help me decide if this product would work for me. I plan to use it as part of a headphone setup in my den, but I don't have access to an ethernet port in that room. My internet speeds are pretty slow due to an old router (802.11b) so I don't think wireless would be an option either. I've considered using a Hard Drive, but as I download a lot of music, I wouldn't want to have to keep transfering new music to it everytime I downloaded something. Are there any other options or is there a way to make it work with what I've got. Also, I don't have an iPad, but I do own an iPhone, will that work with the Aries too?

The Auaralic Aries was exactly the fit for me to use with a Meridian Prime headphone amplifier for use with digital sourced music. I have a couple of QNAP NAS drives on which I use 'Minimserv' as my choice of streamer software and I've also put a small 250GB SSD drive straight into the back of the Aries.

My music files are mostly FLAC, with some very high rate DSS/DSF content as well and I use 'Tidal' as my streaming service of choice.

I have an iPad Air 2, which is 4th generation device.

It all works extremely well, except for the largest of the DSF files, where I suffer stuttering. If I copy this content to the local drive connected to the Aeries, the problem is completely resolved.

For interest I have also tried AirPlay on the Aeries using an iPhone 6 Plus as a source and the results have been very pleasantly surprising.

I've had no issues with album artwork and I'm utterly delighted with the solution.

My suggestion if you are unwilling to run an RJ45 cable directly to where the Aries would be, would be to use a pair of fast IP over mains adapters. These have certainly proved capable of streaming HD Video and audio content from my NAS drives to a large TV in another room, plus all of the SmartTV's network features work well.

The one downside, is that Auaralic at this point of time have not yet released their control software on other platforms other than the iPad. There is alternative software available, but to be honest Auralic's iPad offering and its Tidal and artwork integration were one of its major selling points to me.

Finally there are two models of the Aeries, the 'LE' version is cheaper and comes with a wall-plug adapter as opposed to a considerably larger lower noise PSU and the LE version has one femto clock, whereas the more expensive version has two according to my dealer. You could therefore perhaps go for the LE version and put the extra money towards the latest iPad mini?

Happy listening!

• 4 weeks later...

I have a few questions. Maybe some have tried these experiments.

1. I have a Zuma type PC with Paul Pang USB 3, AudiophileOptimiser, jplay 6. Will the Airies work like this? PPang USB out of Zuma to into the Airies via USB if I use a USB B to A adapter? This way I'd get the benefits of my tricked out PC into the Airies.

2. I also own a Lampi USB trasnport that converts USB to SPdif. Could this be used with the Airies? The chain would be Zuma USB to Airies to Lampi Converter into Big

SteVe's V's

Speakers- Legacy Audio Vs & 2 Legacy LF Extreme Subwoofers, Amplifiers- 2 Coda 15.5 Amplifiers Biamped, Preamp- TRL Dude, DAC- Lampizator Golden Gate Legacy Audio WaveletPC Software-ROON, HQplayer, jPlay, Fidelizer, AudiophileOptimizer 2.10, jRiver, WSY2K12V2 Roon Server PC- , HqPlayer PC- Turntable- SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko FT3 Arm, Audioquest Cartridge, CODA Phono stage, Accessories- HAL Footers, PS Audio Powerbases, Aurios, HiFi Tuning Supreme Fuses, Power- PurePower+ 2000 & 3000, PS Audio: Powerbases, LAN Rover, Noise Harvester, Quintet, Ultimate Outlets HC, Welborne Labs & HdPlex LPSUs,

Cables- Clarus Crimson USB, Lampizator Silver Ghost USB, Clarus Crimson PC, Western Electric 10 gauge DIY Speaker Cables and Best-Tronics Belden 8402 Balanced Interconnects Equipment Racks- SolidSteel

I have a few questions. Maybe some have tried these experiments.

1. I have a Zuma type PC with Paul Pang USB 3, AudiophileOptimiser, jplay 6. Will the Airies work like this? PPang USB out of Zuma to into the Airies via USB if I use a USB B to A adapter? This way I'd get the benefits of my tricked out PC into the Airies.

2. I also own a Lampi USB trasnport that converts USB to SPdif. Could this be used with the Airies? The chain would be Zuma USB to Airies to Lampi Converter into Big

No.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...