IGNORED

Article: Auralic Aries Review

The nw Aurender N100 and N10 look very intriguing and may be likely to fit the bill. The Sonore Sig Rendu is IMHO, a tad too geeky, for a simple hifi system.

I agree with this and am very curious to get reports on SQ of the new Aurenders compared to, say, the SSR and Aries.

Mac Mini 5,1 [i5, 2.3 GHz, 8GB, Mavericks] w/ Roon -> Ethernet -> TP Link fiber conversion segment -> microRendu w/ LPS-1 -> Schiit Yggdrasil

I agree with this and am very curious to get reports on SQ of the new Aurenders compared to, say, the SSR and Aries.

The one thing I wish the Aurender had was more digital outputs . Only usb . The Aries has multiple digital outputs which helps

If you have some Dacs that sound better using spdif then USB .

Also, does a Synology NAS need minimserver to work with the Auralic Aries? The standard DLNA server doesn't work?

Hi fritzg,

Minimserver is free and comes standard with the Synology NAS. It is better than Synology's MediaServer as it handles more formats.

Odd it is not in my list of packages. Where would I find it?

It's not listed for all models.

I followed this: http://minimserver.com/install-synology.html

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Quick questtion and completly OT....are you using the $99 bread and butter Amarra or the Symphony at $649. Downloaded the Symphony trial and it sounds great.

Not using Symphony. In fact explicitly disabled all EQ.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

The nw Aurender N100 and N10 look very intriguing and may be likely to fit the bill. The Sonore Sig Rendu is IMHO, a tad too geeky, for a simple hifi system.

Certainly a possibility, but I am now less inclined to believe specs on paper and equipment reviews to be honest.

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

Certainly a possibility, but I am now less inclined to believe specs on paper and equipment reviews to be honest.

Lol. You come to this forum and do nothing but complain about the Aries. Please do us a favor and buy a new streamer, get rid of the Aries.

I'm tired of your rants that have been going on for months now.

The rants are serving no purpose anymore.

Lol. You come to this forum and do nothing but complain about the Aries. Please do us a favor and buy a new streamer, get rid of the Aries.

Oh jimmy sweetie... If only I could point to a post of yours with more than zero content...

system pics

Oh jimmy sweetie... If only I could point to a post of yours with more than zero content...

Your posts on the Aries are just a repeat of the same rants you posted over a month ago. Thus your continual negative posts about the

Aries make you sound like a parrot .

Just get rid of the Aries and buy something else . Geez .

Jimmy, he actually joined this forum BEFORE you. Kinda rich for you to be acting so high and mighty as if you own the joint!

Jimmy, he actually joined this forum BEFORE you. Kinda rich for you to be acting so high and mighty as if you own the joint!

The complaints by him are repeated over and over for months We get it He leaches on to every Aries thread and repeats the same stuff over and over

They ban posters for less in many forums