IGNORED

A Hi Res Bargain, courtesy of Pono.... or a glitch?

Just got Miles Kind of Blue at 192/24 from Ponoworld for a price that made it worth buying it yet again.

HD TRacks wants 25 bucks for it, Pono only 9.99, so I took the plunge at Pono. I havent seen any bargain prices like that there before (or at HD Tracks either)...and it appears to be a 2013 version no bonus tracks, but (cough)So What...

A quick glance at the rest of his catalog has only cd quality files at that low a price, and KOB is arguably the crown jewel in Miles catalog. I'm wondering if it might be a mistake...

Anyone else find as good or better hi res bargains out there?

Charles

Anyone else find as good or better hi res bargains out there?

Charles

I picked up a Kasey Chambers 24/44 for $12.29 on Pono Music but most of their hi-rez is priced about the same as HDT and the CD rez stuff is more than CDs from Amazon.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

yes, Fritz just not at 192/24 for 9.99.

Sketches is at 88/24 for 12.99, Smiles is cheaper at 8.99 but also at 88/24.

Plus, for me the second quintet was more interesting than exciting - but hey that's one opinion.

Now my SECOND favorite Miles album (the compilation Birth of the Cool) is available at 192/24, but given its humbler origins I would expect an upgrade to produce diminishing returns. Plus its also $21.49, which is the price tag I expected to see for Kind of Blue.

One reason for the low price on KOB may be because this is the MONO version that was recently re-released. I would much prefer the stereo, but I gotta tell ya right now on my speakers it still sounds totally transcendent.

Greatest jazz album of all time for this dude.

Just got Miles Kind of Blue at 192/24 from Ponoworld for a price that made it worth buying it yet again.

HD TRacks wants 25 bucks for it, Pono only 9.99, so I took the plunge at Pono. I havent seen any bargain prices like that there before (or at HD Tracks either)...and it appears

Charles

The CD is 6.99 on Amazon. Why anyone would think it makes sense to get a high rez version of music recorded on the only low rez capable equipment available in 1959 makes no sense to me.

As for the Pono store, this may be the one bargain, but if you drill down virtually all its content is grossly overpriced.