IGNORED

Jriver supporters are very hostile for some reason...

koblongata

Does anybody agrees? many times I came across Jriver supporters being very hostile towards other software or optimization tips. It's like as if as long as you use Jriver; non of other software or optimization are needed. It's just crazy, it's Computer Audiophile forum, I don't think Jriver belongs to "Audiophile" category, where people here are strive for better computer audio quality by sharing various kinds of tips, and all Jriver supporters seem to be just trolling around here.

Does anybody agrees? many times I came across Jriver supporters being very hostile towards other software or optimization tips. It's like as if as long as you use Jriver; non of other software or optimization are needed. It's just crazy, it's Computer Audiophile forum, I don't think Jriver belongs to "Audiophile" category, where people here are strive for better computer audio quality by sharing various kinds of tips, and all Jriver supporters seem to be just trolling around here.

?????

?????

I am new here and here is my first encounter with them personally here:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/remove-display-driver-improves-audio-quality-greatly-23104/#post386840

And then the famous Jriver blocking JPLAY case.

And witnessed many more before, I think JPLAY is a keyword for Jriver to attack. And my finding wasn't JPLAY specific, it improves the quality on native ASIO output as well, but... it's just unbelievable to me that members with Jriver in the profile acting so ignorant and childishly.

Jriver critics suffer from atrocious grammar and a bizarre propensity to appoint themselves thought-police and start asinine threads commenting on other asinine threads.

I would say "bizarre propensity to appoint themselves thought-police" would be more appropriately applied to JRiver themselves. Your applying that comment to "Jriver critics" would imply to me that you haven't followed the behaviour over the years of JRiver on these forums.They're the ones butting into every thread they can and continually spewing their unwanted comments/advice. They're the epitome of troll.

This may be out of line but one would almost have to wonder if whoever is posting in the name jriver on these forums may have some type of psychological disorder. This post here was the icing on the cake for me:

I don't believe I said that. No one cares more about audio quality than we do.

That was from post #423 of this thread: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/windows-server-2012-a-16698/index17.html

I would say "bizarre propensity to appoint themselves thought-police" would be more appropriately applied to JRiver themselves. Your applying that comment to "Jriver critics" would imply to me that you haven't followed the behaviour over the years of JRiver on these forums.They're the ones butting into every thread they can and continually spewing their unwanted comments/advice. They're the epitome of troll.

This may be out of line but one would almost have to wonder if whoever is posting in the name jriver on these forums may have some type of psychological disorder. This post here was the icing on the cake for me:

That was from post #423 of this thread: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/windows-server-2012-a-16698/index17.html

I completely agree.

There also seems to be a lot of people on this forum (that post far too often) that should just be members at Hydrogenaudio. The amount of destroyed and useless threads on this forum is very disappointing.

I completely agree.

There also seems to be a lot of people on this forum (that post far too often) that should just be members at Hydrogenaudio. The amount of destroyed and useless threads on this forum is very disappointing.

Sorry I don't meet with your approval. But why do you think you get to decide what should be posted here? Why also is Jriver not allowed to express an opinion simply because it is at variance with your own?

Sorry I don't meet with your approval. But why do you think you get to decide what should be posted here? Why also is Jriver not allowed to express an opinion simply because it is at variance with your own?

Just because you or anyone else has an opinion doesn't mean that you have the right to post it ad nauseum. Too many people in these forums seem to think their opinions are all that should matter. Who are you or anyone else to tell me or anyone else what we should believe? "thought-police" indeed!

this thread has nothing to do with music or what this computer audiophile site is about; it is just an unnecessary attempt at personal attack that can benefit nobody.

this thread should really not have been started, completely useless..........

Grimm Mu-1 > Mola Mola Makua/DAC > Luxman m900u > Vivid Audio Kaya 90

this thread has nothing to do with music or what this computer audiophile site is about; it is just an unnecessary attempt at personal attack that can benefit nobody.

Couldn't agree more!

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

request: no one participate in this totally useless discussion. stop posting. make this the last post.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Jriver does not belong to Computer Audiophile site. Because their firm belief is that computer makes no differences to audio quality. End of Story.

This thread is far from useless. It's turned into a great example of everything that's wrong with this site. The OP made an observation, then asked if anyone agrees.

The first response was completely pointless. Then he was attacked for his grammar. Then I myself took the topic further off-topic by responding to another off-topic post. Then you have the typical gang that jumps in saying how much they don't want to read posts/threads like this (not implying one way or the other that the posters in this thread are the "typical gang"). If you don't want to read these topics/posts, then what the heck are you doing reading and responding to them for?!??! Please do everyone a favour and instead of chiming into threads you have no interest in, just try and control yourself enough to refrain from posting. It seems a great many here feel they have have to post in every thread ever started on this site. I guess it's a great way to get their post count up but as far as contributing anything useful? I don't think so.

So after 14 posts, there hasn't been one legitimate response to the OP's initial post. This is more typical here than not.

You Must Be New Here.jpg

OP - message from Chris in another thread that resulted in a member banned (amar).

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/jriver-version-20-0-44-a-22594/index33.html

amar, bob, and other loyal jplay supporters - your support for a product you love is laudable.

However, your posts here at ca are detracting from the forum because you are incessantly attacking jriver. I've received more private messages and emails about your behavior on the site than any i can remember in recent history. Thus, you comments about jriver will no longer be tolerated at ca. If you'd like to continue your endless bashing please do so at the jplay forum. Any future posts bashing jriver, for the same thing you've already discussed over and over again, will be removed and you risk suspension from ca.

I am new here and here is my first encounter with them personally here:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/remove-display-driver-improves-audio-quality-greatly-23104/#post386840

And then the famous Jriver blocking JPLAY case.

And witnessed many more before, I think JPLAY is a keyword for Jriver to attack. And my finding wasn't JPLAY specific, it improves the quality on native ASIO output as well, but... it's just unbelievable to me that members with Jriver in the profile acting so ignorant and childishly.

You wouldn't be related to Amar, would you?

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center / jriver.com