IGNORED

Remove Display Driver Improves Audio Quality Greatly!

koblongata

Just uninstalled my onboard Intel HD video card driver, it is now a Video Controller in Other Devices in Device Manager.

Cannot believe how much the audio quality has improved, like 10X the openness, my JPLAY's SinglePC Ultrastream (or even native ASIO ) setup is now better than 2-PC Xtream.

Do not use discreet video card, even without driver the audio quality is much worse.

Please try and would be happy to know if it works for you.

Cheers!

You can disable the Intel video in the bios instead of just uninstalling the driver. That would be more effective. Anyone not using the onboard video should disable that in the bios. Unless you are controlling the computer as a dedicated music server you will need a video card of some kind so you can see what you are doing. If you are not playing games then using a basic video card from ATI or Nvidia should work just fine as long as they do not include sound drivers. Even so, the higher end video cards can disable the audio and you don't need to install their audio drivers. That choice to install audio is an option in all the driver packs under advanced installation. For example, if you are using Nvidia as I do you can disable the on board audio and choose not to install their HD audio driver upon driver installation.

If you are suggesting that the very presence of any video card in a slot on your pc will add noise then you have probably got other problems in your pc power supply or motherboard. Specific motherboards and power supplies very greatly on the amount of noise they generate. Choosing a high price gaming board is no guarantee of lower noise. Often the more basic cheaper boards have less crosstalk of internal components. The ground plane on the motherboard design is an important issue and it is here that many companies save money by using one less layer.