IGNORED

Remove Display Driver Improves Audio Quality Greatly!

koblongata

Please don't turn this thread into a mess. Humor is great. I wish everyone had a sense of humor about audio. It's not life and death.

Thanks for your common sense and good spirits. And thanks again for this wonderful site. CA cost me a lot of money in equipment and music downloads, but I never regretted any of the purchases I made based on CA recommendations.

I think the Chord Hugo being extremely highly resolute is part of the reason I hear dramatic differences.

Or perhaps it is not very well isolated electrically. That could be another plausible explanation.

On my old (Hegel) DAC, I could hear differences between sources until I added an AP2 and AQVOX. With my Benchmark DAC2, I cannot hear differences between USB sources, which I attribute to its good electric insulation.

Removing the video display driver does impact on sound quality although I found that removing your company's software and replacing it with an alternative player brought about a more beneficial change than removing the video driver.

I use JRiver for Mac to play my DSD files and am very pleased with it. I definitely recommend JRiver.