IGNORED

Saras Speakers

I was sold saras speakers about 9 years ago and need to sell some of my audio equip. I have no idea what these are worth as I cant find any info on them anywhere! Here is a pic of the label on the back of them

Sorry I can't help but have not heard of those so wouldn't know value.

David

You could try AudioBlueBook. They look like 70's vintage and not a common brand (AFAIK). Good luck.

Having purchased a pair of Linn Sara's in 1984, I know a lot about them. Mine still work just fine, although the styrofoam speaker covers disintegrated long ago. They still sound great and are classic speakers.

Fun fact, at that time Linn made transducers (speakers and turntables) and arranged with Naim to make matching electronics. This partnership later fell apart.

The Sara's are an Isobarik speaker, with one tweeter up top and below two mid-range/bass drivers mounted one behind the other. Working in tandem, this is said to enhance the bass response. KEF drivers were used. There is a wikipedia page on the Isobarik design.

My Saras still work well, with amazing bass and great musicality for a bookshelf speaker. They are mounted on the original incredibly heavy stands with spikes under the speakers and on the feet.

I have know idea what they are worth. I would be curious to hear what you get for them.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

Having purchased a pair of Linn Sara's in 1984, I know a lot about them. Mine still work just fine, although the styrofoam speaker covers disintegrated long ago. They still sound great and are classic speakers.

Fun fact, at that time Linn made transducers (speakers and turntables) and arranged with Naim to make matching electronics. This partnership later fell apart.

The Sara's are an Isobarik speaker, with one tweeter up top and below two mid-range/bass drivers mounted one behind the other. Working in tandem, this is said to enhance the bass response. KEF drivers were used. There is a wikipedia page on the Isobarik design.

My Saras still work well, with amazing bass and great musicality for a bookshelf speaker. They are mounted on the original incredibly heavy stands with spikes under the speakers and on the feet.

I have know idea what they are worth. I would be curious to hear what you get for them.

The OP isn't asking about Linn Sara. His speakers were made by a company named Saras.

I was sold saras speakers about 9 years ago and need to sell some of my audio equip. I have no idea what these are worth as I cant find any info on them anywhere! Here is a pic of the label on the back of them

This seller sold his last October:

Hey Music Lovers

Up for bidding is a very rare, vintage pair of Saras of America Model 8 speakers. Saras was a West Coast boutique maker of acoustic suspension speakers, sold mostly in the audio salons of Los Angeles in the 1970s and 1980s like the Ear Drum near Santa Monica and Henry Radio in Orange County. While not very common, they are fondly remembered amongst internet reviewers.

These Model 8 speakers were made in the 1980s this is a used item, in good condition, with minor cosmetic scratches, work properly and sound terrific. They were hand made in small numbers. They are a two-way acoustic suspension type design, with a 8” woofer with a rubber surround and a 1” inverted dome masonite tweeter that was the forerunner of the famous inverted EPI tweeters. This design resulted in tight, deep bass and superb imaging.

They are 4-16 ohms normal impedance and are performing as designed, (Please Note) all of The drivers working perfectly with the exception of one tweeter. The walnut cabinets are furniture grade, are in excellent condition and look great. Saras badges are intact. They have removable grills which are also in excellent condition. each speaker are a hefty (24 lbs) and are quite solid in their construction, Their dimensions are W 12” x L 9 1/2” x H 19”.

The nicest thing about listening to these speakers is that they have an amazingly good stereo image. It’s almost spooky. Very good dispersion as well.

Win10 Sweetwater recording studio PC running JRMC > Soundcraft Ui24r 24-track digital mixer > JBL LSR308 via Magomi Balanced XLR cable pair