IGNORED

Has newer technology surpassed the Naim DAC in sound quality?

Naim has a very good streamer setup where they have managed to shield streamer chip noise from the DAC well.

They should include Open Home Media, however, since that is so much easier for the user. Their UPnP app is not that good, luckily there are many others out there.

The one place they can really improve compared with others I have heard is the DAC itself. For that price they get spanked by, for example MSB.

Their power supply also makes a hell of a racket. Adding ability for Tidal and other current streaming services would be good too.

Other than that a nice streamer.

Thanks but I think you misinterpreted my question as I'm not looking to stay with Naim due to lack of DSD. I'm seeking opinions as to whether the PCM SQ of PS Audio DSD or Lampizator 5 or 7 would actually improve on my current DAC.

In that case I agree with Norton. Only way is to get a few in-house auditions so you can compare whether it improves sound to your ears and in your setup. There are too many variables to make a judgement by reading opinions here.

The one big'difference in sound to my ears was discrete ladder DAC vs the Sabre chip ones.

Happy hunting