IGNORED

Anyone tried LPS with their Synology NAS?

Yup. Already using this.

Very hard to exactly pin the gain, All around to be honest.

I am also in the process of getting the Mac to have LPS, etc....

Also if you look around, you may find a cheaper supplier for the same LPS. Lastly please do remember to request for the right chord, got mine wrong and waited for 2wks for the right one

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

hi

I'm waiting for mine, this 12v13a from Teradak.

I'll post my feedback when I receive it.

Hope it will bring more that what you say Zerung... I thought i read feedbacks saying it is the first thing to do, before lpsu on switch (done, honestly it is slightly less harsh... slightly or placebo effect i still wonder... ;-) ), and before putting SSDs :-(

I'll see.

2.1 basic stuff => 2 mains are Dynaudio Core59 + sub Dynaudio 18s

Actives / digital AES in / active correction on PC side

Passive daddy setup is dead

hi

i received it, this is my report :

1. good

2. buy it, you must buy it :-)

I use Minim Server on a Syno 212J, no computer ; i steam to a sms100.

Results :

- music is so much more articulated that it's really a big jump to an analogic sound, very natural, harshness dropped a lot, no more sibilances ("sssss" sounds) whatever the recording.

- then i tried it this weekend and could not find a recording which still sounds a bit harsh. It is very easy listening.

- more articulation : all details can be seen easily, much less confusion ; thus the staging is as well much better. When you listen electronic music all details are clear, it's fast... great. Listening to classical music with orchestra is now a pleasure because of this very good articulation which allows you to distinguish clearly all instruments.

With that box my setup is completed for a while. I paid for acoustic treatment (expensive, but worth it), but this last box gets finally the best improvement/price ratio.

Then if your server is on a computer, this may be different. I don't know.

FYI : there are 2 WD caviar green HDD in the nas, no ssd, in raid0 ; minim transcodes all files to wav before streaming.

hi

1. good

Results :

- music is so much more articulated that it's really a big jump to an analogic sound, very natural, harshness dropped a lot, no more sibilances ("sssss" sounds) whatever the recording.

- then i tried it this weekend and could not find a recording which still sounds a bit harsh. It is very easy listening.

- more articulation : all details can be seen easily, much less confusion ; thus the staging is as well much better. When you listen electronic music all details are clear, it's fast... great. Listening to classical music with orchestra is now a pleasure because of this very good articulation which allows you to distinguish clearly all instruments.

With that box my setup is completed for a while. I paid for acoustic treatment (expensive, but worth it), but this last box gets finally the best improvement/price ratio.

FYI : there are 2 WD caviar green HDD in the nas, no ssd, in raid0 ; minim transcodes all files to wav before streaming.

You say files are transcoded to wav before streaming, so what are files stored at?

David

hi

1. good

Results :

Interesting... one of the reasons I spent the money on SSD's is that they reduced sibilance, irritating edge on high frequencies. SSD's consume less power so less stress on the power supply. I've already spent the money on SSD drives but what this suggests is it might have been better to buy regular hard drives with greater capacity and put the money saved into an upgraded power supply

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

@ realhifi :

I use Minim to transcode flacs (16bits & 24bits) to wav24bits ; & mp3s to wav16bits

@ Dave :

A guy (can't remember who on which forum) gave his feedback regarding computer audio part :

he ranked the improvements as follow : 1. LPSU on computer/NAS => 2.. LPSU on the switch => 3. SSDs

I just followed his feedback. I did the first 2 points supposed to bring the most. Now I wait for SSDs price to drop because I have a bit more than 1To of music, thus I would need for my 212J a SSD of 1To (+1 with less of course, in RAID0)... 1To SSDs are too pricey by now. Thus I wait...

I think it's official....Computer Audio has lost its marbles. Adding an LPS to a NAS? Really! I'm clearly in the wrong line of work if such a concept takes off :(

You would do more justice by eliminating the propagation of electrical noise from the network cable feeding the music server. Also, If you're running a switch between the NAS and the music server your LPS feeding the NAS is essentily an expensive paperweight.