IGNORED

Cleaning cardboard vinyl records

hi, recently I went to a store and they had a give away of a bunch of records for free. I took a stack and found these records labeled "capitol recording discs". They didnt smell like a normal record, and didnt seem to be made of the same material either. So i looked these up and they were called "cardboard records" and only found one video on restoration, NOT cleaning. So what I was going to ask is if anyone knows how to clean them. Thanks

(Btw, I posted a pic of what they look lik on this fourm too)

IMG_20150107_042534_918.jpg

only person in the world who owns the flac copy of does it offend you yeah, you have no idea what youre getting yourself into....btw im not giving the copy to u

Wow! Hadn't thought about those in many years. Remember getting a few with breakfast cereal as a kid. Also remember them being used for other promotional purposes like contests or other advertisement. Had no idea they made them up for other purposes. Seem to remember Playboy included one in an issue about the Kennedy assassination that had the police radio tapes and other sounds from that day. EDIT:was just doing a search about these, and it was Hustler, not Playboy that had the Kenneday record in one issue.

Sorry, interesting to see, but I don't know the best cleaning method. They were plastic coated so maybe something like Glass Plus on a sponge would work. That is safe on most plastics.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Found this at this page:

-All cardboard records. Simple explanation? Water and paper don’t mix!

-”Film Plastic” records. Never wash them directly with water and soap. Sprinkle a small amount of water on a clean cotton cloth, and lightly wipe in the direction of the groove while using a slight lifting motion, periodically switching to a clean section of the towel.

Record Grading and Cleaning- All you need to know! | eBay

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

By far the most famous one of these I know of is Mad Magazine's "It's a Gas," with its repeated renditions of the noise of a certain bodily function.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

thank you everyone...i havent tried any of this but once i do i will be excited to not have my record needle broken by the records

only person in the world who owns the flac copy of does it offend you yeah, you have no idea what youre getting yourself into....btw im not giving the copy to u