IGNORED

Pono Music Store online and out of beta according to report

I really think none of the foregoing will matter if the below turns out to be true:

according to this article, hi res versions of the beatles catalog are coming to Pono:

Exclusive: Paul McCartney Reboots Beatles Catalog for Neil Young’s Pono Music Player | Showbiz411

these may just be the 24/44 files that were previously available on a USB stick, and they may also not be exclusive to Pono. if they're truly prepping new versions, perhaps they'll encode them with MQA as well.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

The Pono player really sounds great, much better than my iPhone 4, which sounds quite fine. This makes me confident that there is a future for quality portable players. In my view it is no accident that such a company as Sony is entering this market.

Very much agreed. Though I understand Charles Hansen knows what he is doing, I was frankly surprised at how good the sound is. It didn't hurt to "discover" 24/192 versions of old Simon and Garfunkel albums. The production on those has to be some of the cleanest and most beautiful I've ever come across.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Has anyone ordered and listened to Harvest and After the Gold Rush in Hi Res? Wow, I am very, very tempted to buy those two great albums.

I have Harvest and Everyone Knows This Is Nowhere. Harvest is just fine, but I agree with tgdinamo that the sound on Everyone Knows... really shines.

I had only heard the earlier ones were mislabeled, not mis-sampled. Regardless, Pono's very public policy is they will replace the lower rez ones. Make sure you ask and remind them Neil said that.

For Kickstarter backers. For others, caveat emptor.

Yeah, I know that, but I wrote them and complained anyway.

No harm in that, hope they do right by you. Only reason I posted was so you weren't under the impression they'd promised to do this for all buyers (though I think it would be to their advantage to offer everyone upgrades for the price difference between resolutions - otherwise customers hesitate to buy).

Just think of the horror if some poor schmuck gets 2 hires version of an album for a little over the price of one:)

:)

Yeah, people might be happy buying music, and the labels can't allow that.