IGNORED

Pono Music Store online and out of beta according to report

• 2 weeks later...
No harm in that, hope they do right by you. Only reason I posted was so you weren't under the impression they'd promised to do this for all buyers (though I think it would be to their advantage to offer everyone upgrades for the price difference between resolutions - otherwise customers hesitate to buy).

I agree. I think that would be a good practice for all these companies. Apple basically did this with "iTunes Plus". Seems to me HDtracks, Pono, and others could easily allow paid upgrades.

Well I bought both of them last week and they were 24/88. A little ticked off, as Pono said they would offer the "highest resolution available" and then after a week come out with 24/176.

I hear ya. How i felt with the Springsteen releases. Qobuz and Springsteen's site did right by me though. Hope Pono does for you. Let us know.

Maybe, but I'm guessing iTunes has preferential arrangements with labels that the small hi-res sites don't get.

Obviously the record companies would make more money this way, so they will be sure not to agree. Just think of the horror if some poor schmuck gets 2 hires version of an album for a little over the price of one:)

I've noticed my download locker at qobuz.com has multiple resolutions and formats in it. Available for download any time.