IGNORED

Pono Music Store online and out of beta according to report

Has anyone ordered and listened to Harvest and After the Gold Rush in Hi Res? Wow, I am very, very tempted to buy those two great albums.

I have both of those albums as well as all other Neil's 192/24 albums on Pono site covering 1968-1979 (all covering this period starting with his first album through Rust Never Sleeps). In my opinion all are phenomenal in hires and must have for any Neil Young fan, but 3 of these studio albums really stand out in terms of being a huge improvement compared to my CD's. These are 'Everyone Knows This is Nowhere', 'Zuma', and 'Rust Never Sleeps' (my personal favorite album by Neil Young). I still don't have two Neil's 88.2/24 Pono albums from this period (waiting for those to be released in 176.4/24 which is supposedly possible and going to happen eventually).

My question is have these been remastered and if so by who and how to make them hires?

I have no idea and personally don't care - there is certainly no info of any kind on the store attached to these or any other albums at this time. My approach is to assume if Neil is fine with his best albums being put up for sale on his own site in 192/24 those are all automatic downloads for anyone who is remotely a Neil Young fan (assuming money is no issue). And I do know by now these are the best versions of these albums I have ever heard - whether this is due to hires vs cd resolution, and/or different mastering - I could not care less.

Interestingly the resolution for On The Beach is displayed differently on the PonoMusic site. If you search for the album it returns with a small thumbnail of the album that denotes 24/88.2. However if you click that thumbnail to the full page view of the album, it is listed at 24/176.4. The latter is the resolution of the previously issued DVD-A.

Barr

Thanks for this! I was waiting for this to be offered in 176.4 and apparently that's already the case.

By the way, same thing is true with American Stars'n Bars where thumbnail shows 88.2 but when you click on it you can see all songs are 176.4.