IGNORED

Pono Music Store online and out of beta according to report

My question is have these been remastered and if so by who and how to make them hires?

Hi, I refer you to this Wiki entry for further details but my understanding is these albums were done by Neil et al for Blu-Ray distribution back when he was working on his Neil Young Archives in 2009. Thus when released they were in the same high resolution format as available today.

Further the Wiki entry denotes those albums from the series which have since been released on the PonoMusic site for purchase.

Barr

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

So maybe I should write Pono and ask them about it.

First off, thanks for the note regarding the mono version of Kind of Blue.

Interestingly the resolution for On The Beach is displayed differently on the PonoMusic site. If you search for the album it returns with a small thumbnail of the album that denotes 24/88.2. However if you click that thumbnail to the full page view of the album, it is listed at 24/176.4. The latter is the resolution of the previously issued DVD-A.

Barr

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Well either they only have one support person ( all my tickets have initially been responded to by Laura ) or this is the standard support account used by their team. The replies I received from "Laura" were grammatically correct with strong spelling skills, albeit boilerplate responses.

I would be persistent until you get a satisfactory response ( and/or reach the right individual at Pono ).

And I agree with Ted, this version of Laura should be sent back to shrink wrapping those digital bits.

As of this morning, both albums, On The Beach and American Stars n Bars are listed at a resolution of 24/176.4 in thumbnail and full album view on the PonoMusic site.