IGNORED

Power Inspired AC Regenerator

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Power Inspired range of AC regenerators? They seem quite good value for money, compared to some of the other items on the market that perform the same function.

Any other recommendations around the $1000 price point?

TIA

Front End: Neet Airstream

Digital Processing: Chord Hugo M-Scaler

DAC: Chord Dave

Amplification: Cyrus Mono x300 Signatures

Speakers: Kudos Titan T88

I had used a PS Audio Power Plant Premiere for years, when I decided to go with separate power for analog and digital. It was at this time that I first discovered Power Inspired.

It is a fraction of the price, mainly due to a basic pro exterior rather than a "high end" cabinet. Before I heard of PI, I had my PS serviced at the factory. That actually cost more than a new PI.

The two PI models have none of the convenience features, but perform the primary function, AC to DC to AC conversion, at least as well as a PS.

Your mileage may vary, depending on how bad your AC is. i have nominally 230V, but it occasionally rises as high as 249V (completely legal, as fluctuations of -20 to +10% are deemed acceptable.) the PI cleans things up in a musically beneficial way.

If you feel you need AC regeneration, I highly recommend PI.

I have no affiliations to the brand, except as a very satisfied customer.

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Power Inspired range of AC regenerators? They seem quite good value for money, compared to some of the other items on the market that perform the same function.

TIA

Absolute BONA product, only set back is the price (£200 approx rise last year,Yikes!!)

I bought one second hand.

hny

atb

Ronnie.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I've noticed the price hike. But still cheaper than some of the more audiophile alternatives. Wish I could find a used one but they are like hen's teeth on the second-hand market.

Front End: Neet Airstream

Digital Processing: Chord Hugo M-Scaler

DAC: Chord Dave

Amplification: Cyrus Mono x300 Signatures

Speakers: Kudos Titan T88

For once a manufacturer states the output distortion, most likely with a load like a heater. This will change, as soon as you add an audio device, but that's the way it is. I don't quite understand how a sine wave output is possible from such a small frame, the classic approach after the PWM inverter is to use an LC filter and the L is at line current, and tends to be quite heavy and large.

Anyway, the reduction in common mode noise is always welcome, provided all the audio equipment is connected to the regenerator.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Hi

TIA

was a skeptic until I tried a ps audio Perfectwave p3 Powerplant for all except my amps. Black background with more open soundstage. Very satisfied. Not many regenerators are sold used so that tells you most buyers feel good value for money. Good luck.