IGNORED

Dave Matthews Band Live Trax 32 (24/96)

Thanks for the link.

I tried to download the 24 bit version but discovered another Tim Cook special: Yosemite screws up Java for some programs. Turns out Yosemite loads their own (older) version of Java 6. Great. So you have to run a 2014 version that Apple provides. But that doesn't do it on it's own. It further turns out you have to first delete all previous versions of Java THEN install the new Apple 2014 version of Java 6 THEN reinstall a new version of Java on top of that (Java 8 25 as it currently exists). Only then will the download program work!

If anyone is having trouble with this and can't figure it out (it's tough), here is the solution:

Step 1.

Uninstall the currently installed version of JAVA. (You will need Administrator privilege.)

1. Search Applications for JavaAppletPlugin.plugin

2. Right click on the file and move to trash

Step 2.

Download and install JAVA SE 6 from

Java for OS X 2014-001

The above link takes you to the JAVA SE 6 2014 version via Apple Support.

Then update to Java 8 on the Oracle site.

You have to do it in this order (delete, install Java 6 for Mac 2014, then install Java 8). I rebooted after each step to make sure I had closed out any Java programs that were running (a bit of over kill, I'm sure). I tried it by just installing the new Apple version but it doesn't work...nor updating to Java 8 v25. You have to start by deleting everything first, then going in the proper order...thank you again, Tim Cook.

Downloading DMB now....

John

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

Where you able to actually download the 24 bit files? Currently, the DMB server seems to not be able to find the files:

Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 7.20.49 PM.png

Maybe it's just not my night for downloads...

John

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

I downloaded them 2 nights ago.

That path is on your end. Make sure it has been created. I downloaded from windows and didn't have any problems. If you have chrome try it instead.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

The path exists...

But the use of Chrome works great! Nice suggestion. Not sure why Safari isn't downloading but with Chrome, it downloads fine!

Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 9.35.37 PM.png

Thanks!

John

I had Safari problems as well, Chrome worked flawlessly.

Aurender N10--> DCS Bartok w Rossini Clock—>Audio Research REF6 Pre --> Vandersteen M5HPA—>Vandersteen Quatro CT Speakers; AMG Giro Turntable w Lyra Delos Cartridge —> Audio Research Ref 3 PhonoPre

For the objectivists:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analyzed folder: /Music/Dave Matthews Band/Live Trax vol 32 Greek Theatre (24 bit)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Filename

DR10 -0.20 dB -13.77 dB D1_01_Stay or Leave.aiff

DR9 -0.20 dB -12.01 dB D1_02_Satellite.aiff

DR10 -0.20 dB -12.78 dB D1_03_One Sweet World.aiff

DR10 -0.20 dB -14.93 dB D1_04_Sweet.aiff

DR8 -0.20 dB -10.12 dB D1_05_Crash Into Me.aiff

DR9 -0.20 dB -12.26 dB D1_06_Rhyme and Reason.aiff

DR11 -0.20 dB -13.20 dB D1_07_Recently.aiff

DR8 -0.20 dB -10.73 dB D1_08_Ants Marching.aiff

DR10 -0.20 dB -13.36 dB D2_01_41.aiff

DR8 -0.20 dB -10.95 dB D2_02_When the World Ends.aiff

DR8 -0.20 dB -10.09 dB D2_03_Rooftop.aiff

DR13 -0.20 dB -16.10 dB D2_04_Digging a Ditch.aiff

DR8 -0.20 dB -10.96 dB D2_05_Warehouse.aiff

DR10 -0.20 dB -12.79 dB D2_06_If Only.aiff

DR8 -0.20 dB -10.48 dB D2_07_Grey Street.aiff

DR11 -0.20 dB -14.96 dB D3_01_Lover Lay Down.aiff

DR9 -0.20 dB -12.05 dB D3_02_Everyday.aiff

DR9 -0.20 dB -11.92 dB D3_03_You and Me.aiff

DR9 -0.20 dB -13.10 dB D3_04_Cant Stop.aiff

DR9 -0.20 dB -11.31 dB D3_05_Burning Down the House.aiff

DR8 -0.20 dB -12.45 dB D3_06_Space Between.aiff

DR8 -0.20 dB -10.62 dB D3_07_Granny.aiff

DR7 -0.20 dB -9.48 dB D3_08_Pantala Naga PampaRapunzel.aiff

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number of files: 23

Official DR value: DR9

====================================================

Subjectively, it's a good concert with a nice feel. I'm enjoying the music of DMB...

John

I am on song 2. It is quite good sonically with a very wide soundstage. I already like the music, so am biased about that.

Aurender N10--> DCS Bartok w Rossini Clock—>Audio Research REF6 Pre --> Vandersteen M5HPA—>Vandersteen Quatro CT Speakers; AMG Giro Turntable w Lyra Delos Cartridge —> Audio Research Ref 3 PhonoPre