IGNORED

New streamers from Aurender!

Hyperion

Likely early days but can you tell us the primary difference between the N10 and 100? Is it the of addition the 1Tb SSD? (Which is a very desirable option to me)

Thanks

WDW

If you'll pardon my jumping in to answer, the N10 will be in a case similar to the S10 and will offer a range of digital outputs: USB, coax, optical, AES/EBU, and BNC. These and other specifications may be found on the Aurender website.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

I'm seeing $2500 on the N100?

I'm told there is a N100S that will include a 1Tb SSD...this is the one that interests me the most....quiet and discrete...if your library is below that threshold (or swapped in and out to suit) it should be quite a little box of musical delight. Tired of pushing that ole mule, the Mac Mini, up the hill.

Wonder what price point this will land at?

WDW

The VU meter display was an easy transfer over from the S10 and W20. I rarely use it, but it's there. Displaying album covers could be provided if enough Aurender owners requested it.

One other option is to turn off the display during playback.

I've just always loved VU meters. What can I say?

JC

Not particularly, although I certainly have nothing against MacIntosh products. I just have always liked the look and watching them do their thing.

JC

Talk about VU meters though! There is even a cool free music player app with VU meters for the iPad/iPhone. :)

You can always buy the McIntosh wall clock. I did just that, when I sold my McIntosh integrated for a lil Naim Unity Qute 2 in my family room. McIntosh looks + Naim versatility and small size.

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

I'm told there is a N100S that will include a 1Tb SSD...this is the one that interests me the most....quiet and discrete...if your library is below that threshold (or swapped in and out to suit) it should be quite a little box of musical delight. Tired of pushing that ole mule, the Mac Mini, up the hill.

Wonder what price point this will land at?

WDW

I just got home from CES and met with the people from Aurender. The price on the N100S with 1TB SSD (in addition to the 120GB SSD for caching) is not yet firm, but I should know shortly.

Brian Walsh

Music Direct

$2499 to be precise. They should be shipping next month.

And that's the 120G model, right Brian? That's what I'm interested in, as I can't give up the NAS; but for the others...what's the 1T model run?

(CD)Lehner "This whole world, is wild at heart...and weird on top" - Lula Pace Fortune

MAIN System- ALLO USBridge Signature> Denafrips ARES II> Audiolab 6000a> PMC Twenty-Five 21s

I followed the same journey and have been using my X100L for a month now. Zero regrets (except the now redundant MacMini); the Aurender interface and ease of use is phenomenal.

Grimm Mu-1 > Mola Mola Makua/DAC > Luxman m900u > Vivid Audio Kaya 90

I recently bought an X100L and thoroughly enjoy it. No buyer's remorse here.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

And that's the 120G model, right Brian? That's what I'm interested in, as I can't give up the NAS; but for the others...what's the 1T model run?

The 120GB SSD is for caching. The optional 1TB SSD for storage adds $500 to the price. Either model will work with your NAS.

Brian Walsh

Music Direct

I'm intending to purchase one of the Aurender models. I have an opportunity to purchase a friends S10 for approximately the cost of a new X100L model and I am attempting to evaluate if an additional USB-to-SPDIF convertor device (and cost) may be needed to optimize the sound quality of a X100 (or N100) with USB output only, compared to the S10 (with SPDIF and AES outputs)

In theory, should the digitial SPDIF (or AES) output of the S10 Aurender be the ideal digital signal (by avoiding the kluge USB conversion) when your DAC appliance can accept it? I have a Devialet 200 which can accept digital SPDIF, AES or USB.

Intuitively, it seems like SPDIF source to SPDIF destination (or AES to AES) digital signal would be ideal, but also reading about s.o.t.a. product reviews like the Berkeley Reference DAC where the manufacturer (Berkeley) even recommends using their USB-to-SPDIF convertor for optimum sound [with a computer USB digital source] makes me wonder. Maybe the isolation and reclocking processes of a high quality convertor out weigh the kluge USB conversions?

Thanks!

Kenreau

Synology NAS> Aurender W20> AQ Wel AES/XLR> Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wire> Vandersteen 5As.

Why? I am probably ignorant, but I don't see the advantage over a Mac Mini or another computer.

dead simple headless operation is one... Better sound is another... Caching limits are not a thing in the Aurender... Plus they are no longer a DIY prospect, a linux headache, or any other numbers of things.

No electron left behind.

dead simple headless operation is one... Better sound is another... Caching limits are not a thing in the Aurender... Plus they are no longer a DIY prospect, a linux headache, or any other numbers of things.

+1

- macmini headless was fine, when it worked. Fed up the number of times that something didn't quite startup correctly and I had to VNC in from an iPad to see what was up.

- JRMC/JRemote is good for music; Aurenders app is better

- MacMini with any decent sized internal capacity is noisy (disc noise), and fan would butt-in now & again

- Aurender 6tb & SSD doesn't need fast /cabled network connection to stream hi-res (eg from NAS); I can avoid Ethernet rewiring

- Sound quality out-of-the-box is much better; I just don't want to mess around any more with MacMini services optimization and quite happy not to have to try out Amarra, A+, BitPerfect etc

- I had some MacMini issues with USB output (buffering problems at everything >48k); never found out what problem was after weeks of googling and disabling different USB ports etc

- Aurender just works, every single time, easily, delivering great sound.

- it looks great

I used a MacMini for about 18 months, just got fed up.

Sure I paid more for the Aurender than a MacMini +player software +NAS +etc, but I now spend 100% of my music time listening to music and not performing SYS admin.....

Grimm Mu-1 > Mola Mola Makua/DAC > Luxman m900u > Vivid Audio Kaya 90

Very well said, Krass. I'm headed down the same path.

Kenreau

+1

- macmini headless was fine, when it worked. Fed up the number of times that something didn't quite startup correctly and I had to VNC in from an iPad to see what was up.

- JRMC/JRemote is good for music; Aurenders app is better

- MacMini with any decent sized internal capacity is noisy (disc noise), and fan would butt-in now & again

- Aurender 6tb & SSD doesn't need fast /cabled network connection to stream hi-res (eg from NAS); I can avoid Ethernet rewiring

- Sound quality out-of-the-box is much better; I just don't want to mess around any more with MacMini services optimization and quite happy not to have to try out Amarra, A+, BitPerfect etc

- I had some MacMini issues with USB output (buffering problems at everything >48k); never found out what problem was after weeks of googling and disabling different USB ports etc

- Aurender just works, every single time, easily, delivering great sound.

- it looks great

I used a MacMini for about 18 months, just got fed up.

Sure I paid more for the Aurender than a MacMini +player software +NAS +etc, but I now spend 100% of my music time listening to music and not performing SYS admin.....

Synology NAS> Aurender W20> AQ Wel AES/XLR> Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wire> Vandersteen 5As.