IGNORED

New streamers from Aurender!

Hyperion

When will they permit cover art on that OLED display. As simple as this may appear, I love this aspect of Audirvana on my MBP.

Aurender N10--> DCS Bartok w Rossini Clock—>Audio Research REF6 Pre --> Vandersteen M5HPA—>Vandersteen Quatro CT Speakers; AMG Giro Turntable w Lyra Delos Cartridge —> Audio Research Ref 3 PhonoPre

I would much rather have album cover art than a completely useless blue or yellow VU meter!

Although it will not be large in size, it likely would be very similar in size to Audirvana, Sony, PS3 Audio display.

Nothing would force one to keep album art displayed as one could change to the VP meter or text only display. That's the beauty of at least offering it.

Aurender N10--> DCS Bartok w Rossini Clock—>Audio Research REF6 Pre --> Vandersteen M5HPA—>Vandersteen Quatro CT Speakers; AMG Giro Turntable w Lyra Delos Cartridge —> Audio Research Ref 3 PhonoPre

• 2 weeks later...

Again, beating a dead horse, but my gosh, I am sifting through all the online CES coverage, and there are so many streamers-servers coming out with album art display...I gotta wonder why Aureneer does not offer it with that awesome OLED display.

Whether one likes it or not, you can always toggle it off to love lovely meters. There must be enough people asking for it based upon the number of new players that display it.

At this price point, if you want to be known as king of the hill, AND you have already elected to have a display, how do you not offer it?

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 10.40.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 10.26.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 10.28.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 10.31.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 10.28.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 10.29.44 PM.png

For me Aurender servers are looking perfectly, the cover art and all the info should be on tablet.

I get that, people may have different opinions, but what is the downside of offering it? You can set up your screen however you want. If a person does not like it, one can choose the other screen settings they offer: turn the screen off, have the trippy blue McIntosh meters, or perhaps the mellow pale yellow ones.

Answer me this: What downside is there to having the option to view album art on the physical player?

"Don't take it personally"

I'm definitely not taking it personally, and very much agree with your opinion, and actually am rather minimalist myself. I have some older audio research gear, and have been very hesitant to upgrade to their newer stuff because I hate the bright green fluorescent displays.

I think the beauty of the Aurender, is that they have touted the display that you can change to suit your needs. That's why I find it so confusing. If you are touting the display that can be modified to an individual users taste, it would seem logical, that you would offer album art as so many other products in this space do that.

I would not be happy with a device where the album art and big bright display is on all the time. Heck, I use LED dimmers to calm down the lights on my Meitner DAC. But it is at least nice to offer album art display for the times that you might want to display it?

Depends on your eyesight. If one argues that, then how helpful is the text identifying artist and song?

Depends how people use their server. Some people may not be sitting 6 feet away from it. Some people can see and recognize album art that far away. Again, there's no downside to offering it as users can toggle it off.

Regarding the benefit of offering it, and possible software development costs, that was kind of my point of noting the number of other companies that are starting to come out with an album art display on new offerings at CES. They must have been doing some form of market research and determining that there is a demand for it, otherwise they would not be offering it.

Again, I do believe that Aurender is trying to be king of the hill, cutting edge, with their offerings. There certainly is no need for the digital meters they are showing, or offering them into separate colors. They have obviously decided to include this because somehow there must be some perceived demand for it. It's not like they are offering a flat brushed metal front, like a Sonore type server. THEY ALREADY HAVE THE BIG OLED... Why not use it to its fullest extent.

my point in bringing it up, in a forum like this, is possibly to raise the interest level in it, gather a posse, and get more people asking for it, so that it possibly it will become an option in the future.

I am certainly not trying to make this a "tit for tat" type thing. My point about the digital meters was NOT that other people in other cultures might not like them. My point was that Aurender has obviously done some research and decided that people DO like them, and thus elected to include them. The question is whether people also would like album art displayed there.

I don't think it is outlandish to say that there are people out there that like album art displayed on the component itself.

I am not knocking their product and anyway-I just purchased one.

If you believe the better avenue to pursue a desire for album art is to email Aurender, or talk with the dealer I purchased from, I can certainly consider that. I think there is a lot of power in this forum for potentially making changes to products as manufacturers frequently look through threads.

Again, my points are simple:

--Many people desire album art, on the server display itself

--Competing products offer album art on the component's front display

--Aurender's products are priced to be a best-in-class device-one would expect, with this pricing, to offer as many options as competitors --if there is demand (what I am trying to establish)

--Aurender already has a world-class display, and likely does not need to make major hardware modifications

--Album art on the component appears to be a personal taste for some users- the beauty is that users would have the option to toggle it on and off, and those that prefer digital meters can use that display instead - so again, what is the downside of having album art option?

--Once you decide that your device will display song/artist data on a beautiful, highly refined OLED screen, rather than brushed aluminum panel, why not use that screen to its fullest as long as there is no harm?

I was kidding about the posse analogy... It's only HiFi of course!!

ImageUploadedByComputer Audiophile1421517108.663345.jpg

I kind of asked this question in a different way as a new thread. I'm curious if the Aurender will recognize any folder subdirectory system used in how an individual stores their music.

In other words, Aurender will stream your stored music from your NAS, but does it matter how your music is organized on the NAS. Or will Aurender simply recognize any folder and subfolder directory style?

Can you have multiple subfolders, or only an artist folder, with album folders within that artist folder?

Poor reception at rural hockey rink!!

Much easier to sift through the thread and posts.

.... And some laziness