IGNORED

TIDAL - Tips & Tricks

So I signed up for a one month subscription to test out streaming FLAC and explore TIDAL's music catalog. With my primary system (see below), the FLAC file playback does make a sonic difference. However, not all music is available in FLAC. I keep the Logitech Media Server web player tab open in my browser to check now and then.

With my experience, I am unimpressed with TIDAL's music editors and curation. Clearly, the employees at TIDAL and I have different tastes in music. This became evident with Playlists categories and Genres. So be it. After exploring the music catalog, I find enough of the artists and albums I like to keep the subscription.

For those using intermediate music streamers, that approach to finding and managing music can be a bit less-than workable, particularly if you're on an smartphone. Over time, I'm sure apps will become more refined and usable. In the meantime, here's a tip/trick for using TIDAL on your music streamer of choice.

In addition to your open playback controller app, open the TIDAL standalone app on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Bigger screen is better. Use the TIDAL interface for exploring/searching*, saving artists, albums, tracts, and building playlists. You can then switch back to whatever playback controller you have implemented.

* In TIDAL, try different variations of album or tract titles. For example, leaving off the last letter will return variations of the search. Also, when the search results appear, click on the "Show All Results" at the bottom of the box. Another current benefit of the TIDAL app Search, in contrast to some controllers, is that the results are sorted: 1) full artist albums, then 2) Singles and EPS, then 3) inclusions in other multi-artist works.

Please add to this thread any more "tips & tricks" you come across that might be helpful.

Source: TIDAL HiFi/Masters, Pandora One > iPeng 9.2.1 on iPhone6s/iPad

Great Room: SBT#1 > Cullen Coax > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy cables > Martin Logan (ML) 200Wpc Purity.

SBT#2 >JVC 110w amp > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.

Garage: SBT3 > Audioquest TOS > Wyred mINT > Cullen Cables > Martin Logan Motion 12

Carry Anywhere: TIDAL/Pandora >iPhone 6s > Bose Mini Bluetooth speaker.