IGNORED

Springsteen at The Agora, 1978 in 24/192

Let us know. :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

very curious about this set. I have a digitized copy of a radio broadcast from the Fox Theater/Atlanta show on the same tour, and it's fabulous, although the sound, which is now 3rd gen, is not so great (FM broadcast-->7" open reel--> cassette--> digitized to aiff.)

it includes an epic Backstreets/Sad Eyes, and the original tape ran out just as Sad Eyes ended, and before the backstreets reprise. so i'm missing a little of that, and the speed got momentarily screwed up too. and on the first cut (Good Rockin' tonight) ithe tape momentarily slid of the tape head, and since i was recording on a previously new tape, there's a brief interlude of the Marriage of Figaro overture, before it segues back to bruce. i've gotten used to it now.

does Backstreets include the Sad Eyes break? not every performance on this tour did.

Let us know. :)

Apparently this went up on Tuesday. I just got an email about it last night. It's a great show. According to the site tapes from the RnR Hall of Fame were given/loaned to Springsteen's camp and they put it through the plangent process and then mastered it in 24/192. It sounds great. Still a bit like an FM broadcast as it was, but better than any bootleg you have from this era.

it's a great show, but my favorite from this era is still 09-19-78 from Passaic. Would love to have a pristine copy of that.

If you like Bruce and especially if you like the 1978 shows this is a must buy.

Was at this show, thanks to friends who knew WMMS personnel (most were given tix from free radio giveaway promo). The Agora was a small basement-like nightclub off the campus of Cleveland State University, a downtown venue. Saw great shows from Robert Palmer, the Police and many others. This particular show was a big deal due to 'MMS's anniversary celebration. The place was a zoo, packed like sardines..but we had an ok spot, again due to friends knowing friends. :) The station simulcasted it around the country, which spawned the many bootlegs.

It was these kinds of shows, and the pull of WMMS in particular, that helped solidify Cleveland's strong position when campaigning began for the R&RHOF. Cousin Brucey was a huge supporter. It was a blessing being twenty-something during those great days of the Cleveland rock scene.

Was at this show, thanks to friends who knew WMMS personnel (most were given tix from free radio giveaway promo). The Agora was a small basement-like nightclub off the campus of Cleveland State University, a downtown venue. Saw great shows from Robert Palmer, the Police and many others. This particular show was a big deal due to 'MMS's anniversary celebration. The place was a zoo, packed like sardines..but we had an ok spot, again due to friends knowing friends. :) The station simulcasted it around the country, which spawned the many bootlegs.

It was these kinds of shows, and the pull of WMMS in particular, that helped solidify Cleveland's strong position when campaigning began for the R&RHOF. Cousin Brucey was a huge supporter. It was a blessing being twenty-something during those great days of the Cleveland rock scene.

You can still hear Kid Leo on satellite radio (Stevie van Zandt's channel).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

The "Darkness" tour assumed legendary status because it was the last tour where most of the venues were 2-3,000 seat theaters; after that it was arenas and stadiums. I caught the second night of the tour in Albany, and it was great, but not one for the ages because the band was still feeling its way a little bit. I think I remember hearing the Agora show on WNEW-FM.

Bought it, and looking forward to listening later today.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

• 3 weeks later...