IGNORED

Side Business Suggestion

Turboglo

So I've been running a computer-based system for over 5 years now. I'm not quite sure how an IT-deficient such as myself managed to do it, but I have managed to set up a very nice sounding front end: a Mac Mini (I managed to replace its hard drive with an ssd and increase its RAM), Audirvana+ software, and I have a couple of external hard drives, and a Schiit Gungnir DAC connected with an optical cable. My problem is trying to manage the library and maintain a proper back-up system. It's a nightmare. I just do not understand iTunes. I find it frustrating to no end. I want the Computer Fairy to come into my home and make it all better. And this is where you may come in. Anybody want to earn a little extra money as a telephone consultant? Or does anyone know someone who is already doing this? I try to learn from these forums, and I've learned a lot, but when it comes to managing my library, I need to have my hand held.

Many of us here will be happy to do it for free.

Ajax just wrote up a very nice summary, which I quoted as a blog post:

An absolute beginner's guide to seting up computer audio on Apple OS X, Part II - Blogs - Computer Audiophile

Also, I wrote this a long time ago, but it is still a good thing to do to prevent problems arising:

How to guarantee iTunes will only use a library on an external drive, and not start a new one when it can't be found

Thanks for the suggestions. This may be part of my problem. I deleted the sub-directory in the Music folder.

A while back, after attempting to save my library to my back-up drive with SuperDuper, I basically lost about 15% of my library on both drives. I have no idea how it happened. The files are listed, but when I go to play them, says it's unable to find them. I think my fundamental problem is that I don't really have a grasp on how iTunes file management works, especially metadata. And now that I have Audirvana 2.0, there's a whole new system I need to learn. Right now, I can't play any files using Audirvana's library without it being linked to iTunes.

Any suggestions regarding an iTunes file management tutorial? My ignorance is making me anxious.

Thanks for the suggestions. This may be part of my problem. I deleted the sub-directory in the Music folder.

A while back, after attempting to save my library to my back-up drive with SuperDuper, I basically lost about 15% of my library on both drives. I have no idea how it happened. The files are listed, but when I go to play them, says it's unable to find them. I think my fundamental problem is that I don't really have a grasp on how iTunes file management works, especially metadata. And now that I have Audirvana 2.0, there's a whole new system I need to learn. Right now, I can't play any files using Audirvana's library without it being linked to iTunes.

Any suggestions regarding an iTunes file management tutorial? My ignorance is making me anxious.

+1

I just spent a frustrating week trying to figure out why two new tracks that I thought I added to iTunes did not show up in A+. Turns out I had unchecked Add to iTunes. Some kind CA denizens figured out the fix. When I first started I didn't know how to edit or find meta data. Most of what I know about iTunes I got from this site.

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X