IGNORED

PPA Red Dual USB or TotalDac D1 USB cable into PPA card?

I realize there are a couple threads dealing with these cables, but didn't want to sidetrack those.

I want to upgrade from my Wireworld Ultraviolet USB cable and have these two shortlisted. Both are about the same price.

The JCAT was also in the short list, but it's more expensive and the users seem to be divided between liking it better than the PPA or not. I use a PPA USB v2 card and tend to guess there has to be some sort of synergy from using PPA dual Red USB cable.

Yet the D1 takes a very different approach and gets much praise, so has me wondering. Considering my server is rather optimized aiming at low electrical noise...would the filter in the D1 be as effective in my case?

User feedback will be highly appreciated!

I've not used the PPA Red Dual, but have owned 3 different split design usb cables. My experience has been that the sonic benefit of the filter on the D1 is greater than the sonic benefit of splitting a usb cable into separate power and data lines.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I've not used the PPA Red Dual, but have owned 3 different split design usb cables. My experience has been that the sonic benefit of the filter on the D1 is greater than the sonic benefit of splitting a usb cable into separate power and data lines.

I have just odered a Total D1 with the hope that it will make my Surface Pro 3 usable as a USB audio source !

So far the only way I can listen to the SP3 is over WiFi to a SOTM SMS - 100 which works very well

Will post my observations in due course

Sound Test, Monaco

Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland

e-mail [email protected]

Thanks for the input, derived from experience. It is a good extrapolation.

I wonder how to factor your laptop vs. my desktop with PPA USB card, though. What do you think?

Do you happen to know D1 users with a PPA or ither audiophile USB cards?