IGNORED

AC/DC - Rock or Bust ... and other Hardrock albums

Did anyone already listen to the hires download of the latest AC/DC album ?

I am interested in your opinions regarding sound quality, as the number of hardrock albums in hires rather limited compared to many other genres.

Can you recommend some other hardrock albums that really makes the electric guitars of this genre sound rich and heavy as they should ?

I do own the HDtracks sets of Van Halen, ZZ Top, all Zep remasters and many Who and Nirvana releases, but still looking for more heavy guitar sound in hires.

Thanks for your hints ...

Did anyone already listen to the hires download of the latest AC/DC album ?

I am interested in your opinions regarding sound quality, as the number of hardrock albums in hires rather limited compared to many other genres.

I'm also interested in whether or not it's a good album. I like Black Ice.

I'm also interested in whether or not it's a good album. I like Black Ice.

I'm a Bon Scott era fan mostly...grew up with all the LPs...Back In Black was the last one I bought in vinyl before I switched to CDs. Powerage is a great album from a production standpoint even at 16/44.1 (I wish it would come out in 24/96 soon).

On the new album, it isn't bad and perhaps will be come good to me over time. I didn't listen to it and think "off the mark" yet there wasn't an immediate pull into the songs for me. I've often had albums like this grow on me over time very nicely...that is my hope for this one.

Another one that is surprisingly nice to listen to in the genre is "Kill Them All" by Metallica (original CD rip). Far better than I thought it would be on the original CD.

Happy listening...

John

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification