IGNORED

Grace Design m902 Upgrade

According to the Grace Design website the m902 headphone amplifier / DAC is now upgradable and new models have the option of coming with this upgrade.

Is anyone currently using this amp / DAC ? I was almost going to get this but when I read the USB input can only to 16 bit / 44.1 or 48 KHz I passed on it.

Image: GraceDesign.com

Here are the details:

GRACE DESIGN M902 BALANCED OUTPUT UPGRADE

Previously, the m902 reference headphone amplifier has been equipped with an independent unbalanced stereo line output. Now the m902 can be configured with either an unbalanced or balanced stereo line output. This option is available on new units or as an upgrade for existing m902 owners. The following document details how the upgrade procedure will work.

1) What will the m902 balanced output upgrade entail?

This upgrade will replaces the existing unbalanced RCA line outputs with balanced ¼” Tip-Ring- Sleeve (TRS) output connectors. Internally the circuit path is updated to provide a high performance fully balanced output. Using the same high current output stage as our m906 and m904 monitor controllers, the balanced output is capable of effortlessly driving longer cable runs.

2) Will this affect my warranty?

No. The transferable 5 year warranty on your unit is unaffected.

3) How much does the upgrade cost?

The cost for performing the upgrade, complete system testing and return shipping via FedEx

Ground service is $195.00

4) How long will the upgrade take?

Once we receive your amplifier, the upgrade process typically will take 3 to 5 business

days to complete.

5) What is the procedure for having this upgrade done to my unit

As soon as we are ready to begin the upgrade process, we will post a simple RMA form on our homepage for you to fill out and send in with your unit.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png