IGNORED

Article: Computer Audiophile Pocket Server C.A.P.S. v4 Pipeline

CAPS v.4 Pipeline is more than a year old. Is there an update planned?

yes, CAPS v.5...

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 1 month later...
Maybe they should be complaining that Chris stole their specification :).

I would not go as far as this.

After your post I took time to examine their product in more detail. I recognize my judgement was to quick. It's true they offer audio and video and developpend their own reproduction approach that is very argumented and interresting.

But on ther other hand, their hi edn product is expensive :-.) ! Sadly they do not have representative in Europe :-(

I would not go as far as this.

After your post I took time to examine their product in more detail. I recognize my judgement was to quick. It's true they offer audio and video and developpend their own reproduction approach that is very argumented and interresting.

But on ther other hand, their hi edn product is expensive :-.) ! Sadly they do not have representative in Europe :-(

IN one of the print magazine articles, the founder of the company thanked me for ... I forgot what it was now, but he thanked me anyway.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 7 months later...

No posts in this forum since February? Has the world lost interest in building CAPS servers, or is there a better solution out there? Can't find CAPS products on Small Green Computer's website. Both the CAPS Morumba and Pipeline still look like very viable solutions to getting low noise data to one's DAC. What am I missing here?

ARC Ref 5SE, ARC Ref Phono 2, Ayre MX-R Twenty monoblocks, VPI Scoutmaster, Clearaudio Concerto, BAT VK- D5SE, Vandersteen 5a, Ayre Codex, Senore microRendu with HD-Plex Linear power supply

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Is the PIPELINE fully compatible with Win10 x64?

I just upgraded from Win7 Pro x64 and I am having a lot of issues...

then I see that the C226 chipset for the  X10SLH-F in not ticked compatible (see link and screenshot below)

http://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/OS/C226.cfm

If so, is there a firmware/BIOS upgrade available?

Thanks

OS Compatibility Chart.png

Synology DS1815>Cisco Switch>CAPS Pipeline Win7/10 x64 > Foobar/AlbumPlayer/JRiver MC > ASIO > Dac: exaSound e28 > Speakers: Focal SM9 and Twins Be6 in 5.1 > HeadAmp: Woo WA22 > Cans: HD800 (Bal)/Focal Uthopia > Portable: Iphone X> Shure SE530PTH

I made mine with a slightly different board, the  MBD-X10SAE-O, but it has the same chipset. It works fine with Windows 10, so if there is an issue, it might be elsewhere. 

You might want to ask Supermicro. 

Does this help:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/46652/Server-Chipsets

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

Hi FireDog,

Lucky you :-) your board is the 1st one on the list that is compatible, mine is the standard PIPELINE X10SLH-F  (last in the screenshot) and seems is not.

image.thumb.png.c2b133feb39e74cba2bef5b6610dd1f0.png

Great link you gave me, after a few clicks it took me to the latest version:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26859/eng/releasenotes 10.1.2.86 - pv.htm

So Intel 10.1.2.86 upgrade seems to support Win10 x64, the E3-1200 and C226 Chipset

This is major surgery... but I probably will go for it.

Any other suggestions welcome :-)

Synology DS1815>Cisco Switch>CAPS Pipeline Win7/10 x64 > Foobar/AlbumPlayer/JRiver MC > ASIO > Dac: exaSound e28 > Speakers: Focal SM9 and Twins Be6 in 5.1 > HeadAmp: Woo WA22 > Cans: HD800 (Bal)/Focal Uthopia > Portable: Iphone X> Shure SE530PTH

Just an update in case is useful for anyone else.

I flashed the BIOS to the lasted version that SuperMicro support confirmed is v3.0a. (from 2015, I asked for a BETA BIOS but got no reply yet)

The 3.0a BIOS made an improvement to performance and stability for Win10x64, my motherboard is X10SLH-F revision v1.01

The problem that I am having is with J River MC still not solved and is discussed here https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,113694.msg786059.html#msg786059

Attached my own notes and photos for reference.

The Intel 10.1.2.86 CHIPSET C226 driver upgrade should help but I din't notice any mayor improvement.

_Flash BIOS INTRUCTIONS X10SLH-F.txt

BIOS X10SLH-F BIOS Upgrade 3.0a.jpg

BIOS 1st screen Main.jpg

but can you run W10?

Hi Firedog,

It runs Win10, but with performance issues, not only on the video but the more I use it the more I find that it freezes every now and then for a second. When I leave the PC on overnight starts beeping about 4am... (isnt that lovely)

Matrox is a very reliable video board and the Drivers are Win10 certified.

I have no clue what else to do :S

@Chris, is been asked before but, Is there a CAPS v5?  3 years is a good time for an upgrade.

See reply from Support at Supermicro.

-Unfortunately, we don't have Beta BIOS for the X10SLH-F, the current latest is 3.0a. 
-The link is indicating that our lab has not tested X10SLH-F with Widnows 10 yet, it does not mean it is not compatible.
-Based on your test result that Win7x64 has no issue which means the MB/HW/BIOS can detect and work with the Matrox GPU normally. Please contact GPU Vendor for drivers support for Windows 10 OS.
-The next X11 generation MB of X10SLH-F is X11SSH-F/LN4F.