IGNORED

Article: Computer Audiophile Pocket Server C.A.P.S. v4 Pipeline

NAS would most likely still be required...right?

Yes for the file storage; unless you add internal drives as Chris suggested.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

congratulations for the new C.A.P.S. v4 Pipeline. I have a question on the case: I already have a case streacom model FC 5 WS. Can I use this to build the server?

thanks

You should be able to use the FC5WS case - you'd need to check the heat pipes can be adapted. One limitation is that there is only a single slot accessible in the FC5WS.

Others can express an opinion but I'm unsure if there would be any advantage in "upgrading" to the CAPSv4 Pipeline if you currently have a Zuma.

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

• 2 weeks later...

To get SPDIF you are probably better suited adding a USB to SPDIF converter. http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/what-are-new-asynch-universal-serial-bus-industry-standard-cables-connectors-and-communications-protocols-between-computers-and-electronic-devices-converter-contenders-2014-a-22459/ may be helpful.

If you insist on an internal card RME HDSOe AIO card is one option and ESi Juli@ XT another.

Eloise

Eloise

---

Good ones, and not to forget the golden oldie, the Lynx card.

I was thinking the AES16e wasn't very appropriate ... but I see there is a new Lynx E22 which would be perfect (in terms of functionality).

Eloise

Eloise

---