IGNORED

Spotify audio quality

It's better with the premium subscription.

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

They are streaming in 320 kbps "quality", which is highest mp3 resolution and OK for background listening IMO.

I did not renew my subscription but moved over to WiMP HiFi. Much better audio quality (44/16), a nice iPad app, the option to store tracks in full CD quality on your portable before going offline e.g. during flights, and same x-million track library like Spotify.

They are streaming in 320 kbps "quality", which is highest mp3 resolution and OK for background listening IMO.

I did not renew my subscription but moved over to WiMP HiFi. Much better audio quality (44/16), a nice iPad app, the option to store tracks in full CD quality on your portable before going offline e.g. during flights, and same x-million track library like Spotify.

Thanks. But unfortunately for anyone residing in Canada, the options are very limited. Hopefully, Wimp, along with Quobuz and Tidal, will be available here in the new year. And part of me is wondering how long it will be before Apple offers lossless streaming.....iStream?