IGNORED

A+ 2.0 Deleting Tracks

LBob

I've been running A+ 2.0 and having only minor hiccups. Some albums had tracks garbled, but that was easily addressed in iTunes and A+ responded to the changes perfectly. Unfortunately, I still have some albums with duplicate tracks. I'd like to delete the duplicates that show up in A+, but I wanted to double check that deleting them in A+ wouldn't affect the tracks in the iTunes library. I checked the A+ manual but I still wasn't certain.

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X

Not sure. Suggestion: back up a couple of tracks, then test with them.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Not sure. Suggestion: back up a couple of tracks, then test with them.

Good idea! I realized I'd already deleted a couple of tracks on A+ that were demo tracks so I checked iTunes and voila. They were still there. So the answer appears to be 'no.' Deleting a track in A+ doesn't affect the iTunes library. Clad I wasn't the only one who wasn't sure.

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X

Good idea! I realized I'd already deleted a couple of tracks on A+ that were demo tracks so I checked iTunes and voila. They were still there. So the answer appears to be 'no.' Deleting a track in A+ doesn't affect the iTunes library. Clad I wasn't the only one who wasn't sure.

During beta testing we suggested to Damien to implement the possibility to delete certain tracks from the library without impacting the original files. I'm glad it appears this is what he's implemented.

During beta testing we suggested to Damien to implement the possibility to delete certain tracks from the library without impacting the original files. I'm glad it appears this is what he's implemented.

Yes very good idea. Otherwise you could prune your original library.