IGNORED

Poll: should JRiver remove the JPlay is a hoax warnings from their JRMC product?

Antoine

Should JRiver remove the JPlay is a hoax warnings from their JRMC product?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From what I can tell, the Jriver guy is being more than reasonable. If I were in his shoes, I wouldn't be that generous. I'm not sure what else you want out of this.

I'd like to see the HOAX warning messages gone/changed, I didn't do this to get my money back. He however doesn't want to change anything and me to stop "defaming" JRiver so he offered a refund. I'm very sorry, but I am not for sale. So I said I wouldn't accept any terms and conditions for the refund. He didn't respond to that anymore in the end (in the email discussion) but merely asked for my Paypal address so I suppose he finally agreed to that.

Can you point me to the exact post / sentence where Antoine defaimed Jriver ?

I have read all his posts, and although I wish some of them could be worded a bit different (Antoine is not a native english speaker), I was not able to find a single one that could be viewed as fraudulent.

On the contrary - I find abovementioned information to be factually correct.

My guess is it is the "conduct bordering on the criminal" claim, which was being quoted.

He explained that the HOAX part was proven by someone named Mitchco in a test and that JPlay have lied about JRiver's software and that of others (he didn't elaborate further, so no idea what lies about what subject).

This is just one of many opinions.

Jriver Jim - since you are on this thread, I would like to ask you two questions:

1. Why have you ignored professional reviews published all over the world, including two most respected magazines - Stereoplay and The Absolute Sounds - that unanimously claimed Jplay sonics to be superior ?

Just to give you a few examples of what I'm talking about:

theabsolutesound.jpg

Highest playback quality obtained by any software and source.

(Charles Zeilig, Ph.D., Jay Clawson, TAS 219)

audiostream.png

My reference player

(Steven Plaskin, Audiostream, April 2013)

6moons_small.jpg

JPlay brings digital almost neck to neck with vinyl

(Paul Candy, 6moons, August 2012)

enjoy.jpg

the best two channel playback with up to 24/192 files that I’ve heard in my system

(Bill Gaw, Enjoy the Music)

stereoplay.jpg

JPLAY is stereoplay's best known software player for Windows.

(Andreas Bock, Stereoplay 4/2012)

eins%20null.png

The most transparent, clearest and gentlest acting music software

(Christian Rechenbach, Eins Null, 3/2013)

Source:

Reviews | JPLAY - hi-end audio player for Windows

On first sight one can tell that what you state as 'fact' is far from beeing obvious (in fact most of the audio press do not agree with your opinion), and you would have problems with defending your statements in court.

2. Do you have any plans to make the hoax popup appear when other computer optimising programs are in use (Audiophile Optimiser, Fidelizer) ? I have all reasons to believe that people using those programs would like to know if they can also fall victim of your policy in the future.

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

Hi Antoine - This is a very tricky subject for me because JRiver is an advertiser and I don't want to be seen as protecting an advertiser in any way. JRiver can protect itself. However, your continuous attack against them has resulted in you using the CA forum for reasons other than why I created it. I encourage everyone to voice opinions, but yours are a bit out of control now. This site is for the continued enjoyment of this wonderful hobby. Helping people enjoy this hobby more is what CA is all about. CA isn't a platform for a single user to launch an attack against a company with which he is unhappy. Your comments, after the first few, do nothing to further anyone's enjoyment of this hobby.

All further posts by you about this topic will be scrutinized heavily and removed if you continue to attack JRiver or any company in this way on CA.

Where Antoine attack them!? Now we can't talk about something that we disagree in JRiver?

We are only talking about facts, and you are welcome to enter on it.

Or now you can't?

Can you point me to the exact post / sentence where Antoine defaimed Jriver ?

I have read all his posts, and although I wish some of them could be worded a bit different (Antoine is not a native english speaker), I was not able to find a single one that could be viewed as fraudulent.

On the contrary - I find abovementioned information to be factually correct.

JRiver support are just great!

Instead of coming here to discuss it, and since we are users of JRiver, which means that we have paid the license, and at least deserved respect, the representative of JRiver come here in a highly arrogant tone offer a refund under some conditions!!!

This is just one of many opinions.

Jriver Jim - since you are on this thread, I would like to ask you two questions:

1. Why have you ignored professional reviews published all over the world, including two most respected magazines - Stereoplay and The Absolute Sounds - that unanimously claimed Jplay sonics to be superior ?

Just to give you a few examples of what I'm talking about:

theabsolutesound.jpg

Highest playback quality obtained by any software and source.

(Charles Zeilig, Ph.D., Jay Clawson, TAS 219)

audiostream.png

My reference player

(Steven Plaskin, Audiostream, April 2013)

6moons_small.jpg

JPlay brings digital almost neck to neck with vinyl

(Paul Candy, 6moons, August 2012)

enjoy.jpg

the best two channel playback with up to 24/192 files that I’ve heard in my system

(Bill Gaw, Enjoy the Music)

stereoplay.jpg

JPLAY is stereoplay's best known software player for Windows.

(Andreas Bock, Stereoplay 4/2012)

eins%20null.png

The most transparent, clearest and gentlest acting music software

(Christian Rechenbach, Eins Null, 3/2013)

Source:

Reviews | JPLAY - hi-end audio player for Windows

On first sight one can tell that what you state as 'fact' is far from beeing obvious (in fact most of the audio press do not agree with your opinion), and you would have problems with defending your statements in court.

2. Do you have any plans to make the hoax popup appear when other computer optimising programs are in use (Audiophile Optimiser, Fidelizer) ? I have all reasons to believe that people using those programs would like to know if they can also fall victim of your policy in the future.

What the heck do they know!!!??? Mitchco with his built in sound card and microwave oven power supply has told use there is no difference in sound!!! What else do we need to know...