IGNORED

Young Dac Yosemite probme

Uzinusa

OK. FYI, the M2Tech uninstaller script was run but didn't seem to do the job. Putting in the commands manually into Terminal resulted in a full uninstall, paving the way for the new Yosemite-compatible Young driver.

I can confirm that a Yosemite Mac can run PureMusic 2.0.2 and drive the M2Tech Young DAC perfectly capably. No critical listening done but no signs of any untoward activity.

• 1 year later...

Hi!

I don´t know how many times I have struggled with my M2 Tech Young drivers. First I upgraded to Yosimite then I installed the SSD on my 2011 Mac mini. After months of rest I like to take some time and listen to some music, but then the Young was gone.

I have now tried multiple times to reinstall the driver for Yosemite, but without any luck. Now I can see the Young on the Mac, but no sound... I guess I did not succeed in removing the old driver. But I have no idea on how to do it correctly. I know that the uninstall script provided by M2 Tech doen´t work. Help please!

Hi!

I don´t know how many times I have struggled with my M2 Tech Young drivers. First I upgraded to Yosimite then I installed the SSD on my 2011 Mac mini. After months of rest I like to take some time and listen to some music, but then the Young was gone.

I have now tried multiple times to reinstall the driver for Yosemite, but without any luck. Now I can see the Young on the Mac, but no sound... I guess I did not succeed in removing the old driver. But I have no idea on how to do it correctly. I know that the uninstall script provided by M2 Tech doen´t work. Help please!

I know this is not a solution to your specific issue... but I tired of this problem a long time ago (Mavericks). I bought a driverless USB2/SPDIF converter to connect to my M2Tech Young and have never had to worry again about OSX system upgrades. It was either that or dispose of the M2Tech Young, which I did not rally want to do.