IGNORED

How to Rip any cd into high quality flac for free!

okay so i was messin on softpedia today when i stumbled upon a small not well known music player called xix music player, which works for windows mac and linux....it had a completely customisible interface, and when i noticed what it could rip, it could rip in high quality flac format, and i was like damn!(although i tried the mac version and i had to manually download the flac codec to use it) but other than that it is the only good freeware so far that rips in flac, as well as identifies all my tracks names and provides tags from musicbrainz. You should give it a try, that is before pono comes out with their high quality players and app....

XiX Music Player

only person in the world who owns the flac copy of does it offend you yeah, you have no idea what youre getting yourself into....btw im not giving the copy to u

well it doesnt mention this stuff...(obivously if they didnt include the codec in the mac version) and it doesnt give you a config, but after i got a lossless hifi version of red hot chili peppers

only person in the world who owns the flac copy of does it offend you yeah, you have no idea what youre getting yourself into....btw im not giving the copy to u

XLD is free, not only has codecs built in for many standards, but checks against accurip database, etc. and also gives a choice of metadata sources for tagging. I end up wanting to edit metadata most of the time, and use Kid3 post rip to do that, since it is much faster than track by track editing in XLD.

[...] use Kid3 post rip to do that, since it is much faster than track by track editing in XLD.

XLD allows simultaneous editing of the tags of multiple tracks, before or after ripping - just multi-select as many tracks as you want before opening the metadata editor. Note that it's more efficient to edit before a rip commences, otherwise XLD decodes the audio in the files to raw PCM then re-encodes again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am the developer of XiXMusicPlayer, and replies, request and tips are always welcome.

I am doing this in my freetime, so I can not make any promises about features that will get added and timeframes.

I am currently working on:

DSD support (dff and wav)

Ripping CD in one file and creating/editing the CUE file

Better tagging support

See Changelog for up-to-date changes

Multiple file tagging and renaming already works for MP3 and FLAC, but without image support for now.

Windows support is on hold, because I have no windows to test.

Greetz,

Zittergie

thanks...hey take ur time buddy....the xix music player is good so far and i really dont have anything to criticize on, so ur pretty good on that stuff....so take your time on the program, theres no rush....oh and also it is a great pleasure on meeting one of you developers on here! Literally i use xix more than someone uses itunes, since its great for playing flac music...

hey if you can....(no big deal if you can't) but can you make it so it can move&make folders based off their metadata (artist,album)?