IGNORED

Browsing album art...

miguelito

Many albums come with pdf files of the original album art. I would love a convenient way to browse these, one that is not clunky and works well on an iPad.

iTunes LP was an attempt to do this but it works ok on the computer and does not (to my knowledge) work at all on an iPad. It would be nice if an app like Lightning DS (controller for the Aries) would do this seamlessly.

Anything I'm missing or I don't know about?

Thx.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Many albums come with pdf files of the original album art. I would love a convenient way to browse these, one that is not clunky and works well on an iPad.

iTunes LP was an attempt to do this but it works ok on the computer and does not (to my knowledge) work at all on an iPad. It would be nice if an app like Lightning DS (controller for the Aries) would do this seamlessly.

Anything I'm missing or I don't know about?

Thx.

Really? Noone interested in album art? C'mon... :)

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

Really? Noone interested in album art? C'mon... :)

I have a partial solution. I use iTunes on my desktop Mac to import and tag all my albums (AIFF), then I copy the files directly to my playback FireWire HDD in alphabetical order by album artist/album. I'm still using A+ 1.5.10, so I just drag and drop the folders into the A+ playback window to load and play them. It couldn't be easier, and I don't have any of the database problems that some users are encountering with A+2.0.x.

Anyway, I always attach a .jpg file of cover art to each album folder using Doug's iTunes Applescript, "Save Album Art as folder.jpg". Then I can do a Finder search on the HDD for all files named "folder.jpg", and drag all the .jpg files into iPhoto, where they load within seconds. I can view them in iPhoto, or print them out.

The problem with that is the photos are all named "folder.jpg", some with a number variant, so they load and display in seemingly random order. The only fix for this problem that I am aware of is to drag each .jpg into iPhoto individually from the hierachial list in the Finder, in the desired order. Obvously, this is much more labor-intensive process, but they would then display and print in alphabetical order.

Their used to be a Doug's applescript for older versions of iPhoto/iTunes that would grab the cover art from each song in your library, ignore the duplicates, and copy the cover art into iPhoto in alphabetical order, complete with a caption listing the artist and album title. It was great, except, on my library, it would freeze and crash after a couple of hundred albums. I don't think the developer has updated it.

As far as album booklets go, I use iBooks so I can read the booklets on my iPad.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

The JRemote App now lets you view liner note PDFs in the latest version. Of course that means you have to be using JRiver for your music library.

So it looks for a pdf in the directory the current song is playing from? That would be fantastic to have (I own JRMC20 + JRemote but don't use currently).

I would love this to be available in Lightning DS.

system pics

Yes, JRemote will show a paper clip if the folder the files are in has any "resources", click the paper clip and you will see icons for those resources, click one of those, wait a couple of seconds, and bam - your browsing booklets or artwork.

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

Yes, JRemote will show a paper clip if the folder the files are in has any "resources", click the paper clip and you will see icons for those resources, click one of those, wait a couple of seconds, and bam - your browsing booklets or artwork.

Bliss... Why isn't everyone doing this?

system pics

I use JRemote and enjoy it for the booklets. As far as artwork pdf I don't have a need as when using JRiver or JRemote I can do a full screen view of the embedded artwork on my HDTV or iPad. If you want to actually browse your entire artwork library this may not be yoour solution as these functions are for displaying artwork of the current album or song that is playing. Here is a couple of views on an iPad of JRemote. The second one is similar to what you can see on your monitor or HDTV with JRiver.

image.jpg

image.jpg

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa
I use JRemote and enjoy it for the booklets. As far as artwork pdf I don't have a need as when using JRiver or JRemote I can do a full screen view of the embedded artwork on my HDTV or iPad. If you want to actually browse your entire artwork library this may not be yoour solution as these functions are for displaying artwork of the current album or song that is playing. Here is a couple of views on an iPad of JRemote. The second one is similar to what you can see on your monitor or HDTV with JRiver.

Is the booklet browsing with JRemote runs smoothly?

I have asked for that feature but unfortunately am still on an iPad 1st generation (IOS 5.1.1) and cannot use the latest JRemote built so no booklet art attached for me yet... I am very curious to know If It works well?

Thanks!

Arcam rDAC / Oppo BDP-83 / NAD 315BEE / Totem Arro

Is the booklet browsing with JRemote runs smoothly?

I have asked for that feature but unfortunately am still on an iPad 1st generation (IOS 5.1.1) and cannot use the latest JRemote built so no booklet art attached for me yet... I am very curious to know If It works well?

Thanks!

Very smoothly in my experience. Just a slight swipe of the finger up and down.

image.jpg

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa