IGNORED

Help with Audirvana + itunes

damnspynovels

Hi.

A year or so ago i tried Audirvana and had a few problems, but I pretty much got it to work but it wasn't for me.

I just thought I'd give it another go, and downloaded the trial.

What i'm trying to do is play DSD files in iTunes. I know I could do this before somehow, but I don't seem to be able to do it. I can play them through Audirvana, but how do you play them through iTunes? Wasn't it something to do with a proxy file?

Hi.

A year or so ago i tried Audirvana and had a few problems, but I pretty much got it to work but it wasn't for me.

I just thought I'd give it another go, and downloaded the trial.

What i'm trying to do is play DSD files in iTunes. I know I could do this before somehow, but I don't seem to be able to do it. I can play them through Audirvana, but how do you play them through iTunes? Wasn't it something to do with a proxy file?

The issue you'll face is that Itunes doesn't import DSD files at all. Until A+ 1.5, indeed there was the proxy method where A+ (via Add files to Itunes) added a small PCM proxy that pointed A+ to the location of the DSD file.

Since A+ 2.0 has its own library management, you can simply add files there. I don't think the proxy method was kept in 2.0. If you absolutely want the proxies, you need to go back to the latest 1.X A+ version and use the "add files to Itunes function" (cf the manual).

[...]Since A+ 2.0 has its own library management, you can simply add files there. [...]

Yes, this works great and one of the reasons I greatly prefer A+ 2.0 over its earlier versions.

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.