IGNORED

Article: Computer Audiophile Pocket Server C.A.P.S. v4 Introduction

Chris - can I suggest a slight variation to your naming - for example it might be useful for some if you would refer to a CAPS v4-1 Pipeline.

Okay I admit it's a selfish request as I always had to look up the names of the CAPSv3 even though I knew I was wanting to refer to a "level 1" CAPS I had to check it was a CAPS v3 Carbon.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Why associate a single, specific playback software product with the CAPS build? I would expect the software player selection to be wholly independent of the hardware selection process, unlike (potentially) the OS.

Because the CAPS concept is (to my mind) a complete hardware AND software solution.

I agree that an alternative CAPS running a variant of Linux would be interesting that would be in addition to the 4 models rather than tacking on to the existing CAPS (again IMO).

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.