IGNORED

Buetooth Adapter for non-Airplay Speakers?

I've heard good results with the Arcam rBlink (though not tried with a Zeppelin)

Alternatively have you considered attaching an Airport Epress or Apple TV to the optical input of the Zeppelin and using AirPlay that way.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

First of all, that's one reason why I would never buy a speaker like that: you're wedded to the connector. I think you can buy an adapter from 30-pin to lightning connector, but it would probably not be sturdy enough to hold the iPhone in position. Bluetooth adapters are variable in quality, and it's certainly nowhere near as good as a direct connection (the Bluetooth stream is compressed, unlike AirPlay).

I write about Macs, music, and more at Kirkville.

Author of Take Control of macOS Media Apps

Co-host of The Next Track podcast.

Thanks. The Airport express/ATV seems like overkill -- but I'll give that some thought.

Of course you could always just connect the headphone output to the 3.5mm on the back via a cable.

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

First of all, that's one reason why I would never buy a speaker like that: you're wedded to the connector.

PS ... Its not the ONLY way - you can connect via a 3.5mm cable.

The dock connector though enables a lot of functionality that you were never able to offer with other systems (such as the 3.5mm input).

Yes things move on, but there are alternative methods for utilising your existing hardware.

Eloise

---