IGNORED

Pink Floyd's Endless River

Very worked out, sculpted ; so what ?

Posting the spectrum wasn't statement in any way.

Takes the available bandwidth into use. Based on the results I would say that some of the material used in the mix originates either from older 48 kHz material, or the synths have been operating at that rate (IOW, maybe Rick's parts). While new material such as drums seem to have been recorded at 96 kHz.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Makes sense with the told story of mixing new and old parts ; interesting, thank you

Takes the available bandwidth into use. Based on the results I would say that some of the material used in the mix originates either from older 48 kHz material, or the synths have been operating at that rate (IOW, maybe Rick's parts). While new material such as drums seem to have been recorded at 96 kHz.

originates either from older 48 kHz material, or the synths have been operating at that rate (IOW, maybe Rick's parts).

Ah, that (Rick's parts) seems like a very reasonable deduction.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

anyone downloaded this album already from highresaudio.com ?

over there the album may contain three more tracks (19 - 21) compared to the qobuz version

https://www.highresaudio.com/artist.php?abid=299582

qobuz shows those three tracks on their website, but if it is in your cart ready to download you will only see 18 tracks:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15397[/ATTACH]

did you get the standard version at qobuz or the deluxe? I haven't bought it yet (I'm on the fence on this one), but

The Endless River (Deluxe Edition) | Pink Floyd*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

shows 21 tracks and 6 bonus video clips

best,

Igor

Hi Igor,

I received an email from Qobuz today, less than 5 hours after I noticed it and asked their support for an explanation, and they have added the missing items into my account.

Great service !

When I purchased that album it was months before release date and at that time there wasn't any standard or deluxe version, only the announcement of a new album and the option to pre-order at a very low price thanks to a special discount action.

It looks like they moved my pre-order into a standard version later on, but from their immediate reaction no big deal to upgrade my order with no extra charge for me.

Chapeau !

What would you say about any possible origins of constant horizontal lines appearing at 25 & 34 kHz of your spectrograph?

Spectogram looks typical for material which was upsampled from (here) a 44,1kHz source to 96kHz file (for mastering purposes). But they seem to have used a crappy upsampling algo which has led to the nasty "mirrored" artifacts visible on the screenshot.

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

What does this spectrogram mean?

This was taken from 96kHz/24bit WAV file converted from flac 96/24 file of 20-TBS14 track.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15448[/ATTACH]

The album is created from 1990s material recorded at 44.1 or 48 kHz sample rate and recent material recorded at 96 kHz or greater. For the album to be produced at 96 kHz, the lower rate material must be upsampled. Your example track appears to have been produced from just lower rate material, whereas Miska’s example track appears to be lower rate material mixed with higher rate material.