IGNORED

Using JRiver to manage music in microSD cards?

miguelito

I have JRiver (on mac) and I also have a bunch of microSD cards that I use with my Fiio X3 (64gb each).

I currently manage the contents of these cards "by hand" (i.e. moving files in and out, using a card reader).

I would like to use JRiver to do this instead. In particular:

1- Maintain playlists for each card - i.e. cards would sync with their own playlist

2- When syncing, have JRiver transcode on the fly to flac (possibly downsample a bit - my files are aiff or dsf)

Is this possible to do?

Thx!

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Did you try using the Handheld support in MC? You'd need the latest build of MC from the Mac board on our forum.

I have not tried that. Is this a beta build of MC20 for mac or the latest update?

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

I have not tried that. Is this a beta build of MC20 for mac or the latest update?

I tried the latest beta. Fairly unstable in my system (10.0.1).

system pics

I tried the latest beta. Fairly unstable in my system (10.0.1).

WOW. You have terrible luck with your Mac. MC20 has been excellent on mine. Hmmm. How old is the machine? Have you ever had any issue with it? Rare for a Mac but I wonder if a repave of the HD wouldn't be a bad thing.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

WOW. You have terrible luck with your Mac. MC20 has been excellent on mine. Hmmm. How old is the machine? Have you ever had any issue with it? Rare for a Mac but I wonder if a repave of the HD wouldn't be a bad thing.

I mean I find the dev version a bit unresponsive at times. Works though.

Computer I use for this:

Mac pro 2010 / Xeon 6-core / 3.33Ghz / 16gbRAM / 250gb Accelsior PCieSSD / 4tb + 4tb + 2tb drives. Accelsior is boot, user dirs are symlinked to the 4tb drive, the 2tb drive is music-only, the remaining 4tb is TimeMachine, and I keep multiple backup copies that I refresh in a cycle. OSX install was from scratch for Mavericks - I don't install any apps I don't actually use, Yosemite was a upgrade from Mavericks - I had the same dsf2flac issues in Mavericks btw.

Have you found MC20 v20.0.29 to be stable? I find it stutters a bit.

system pics

And BTW... 20.0.14 sync my SD cards perfectly whereas 20.0.29 crashes.

system pics

You'd need the latest build of MC from the Mac board on our forum.11ce20.jpg

That's 20.0.29. As I said it crashes when synchronizing with an SD card (i.e. "Handheld"). On top of that it is very stuttery, meaning it doesn't operate smoothly (whereas 20.0.14 works without any issues). See above, I don't have flimsy hardware.

system pics