IGNORED

Earbuds

My current headphones are the wonderful LCD 3's. I am looking to get a pair of "ear buds," so I am asking for recommendations sounding as close to the LCD 3's. Thank you.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

My current headphones are the wonderful LCD 3's. I am looking to get a pair of "ear buds," so I am asking for recommendations sounding as close to the LCD 3's. Thank you.

Don't know about LCD-3 but I see you have ATC SCM 25A. I have lots of ATC's so I am assuming you like a dynamic neutral sound with punchy but not boomy bass.

I would recommend Sennheiser HD-25 ultralight over ear cans or Shure SE425 earbuds for headphones to go with iPhone or other portable devices. The Shure take some time to get used to with memory foam but they are worth the effort - the Shure with memory foam offer 30 db of isolation - wow - great for noisy commute but not safe for jogging as you won't hear any external noises. The 525 has more bass but I find the 425 has enough. Both are easy to drive (a major consideration as most portable devices are not cable of driving many high end headphones.

The hd-25 has about 17 db isolation which is still excellent & one of the best for over ear cans.

People often overlook sound isolation, dynamics and ability to be driven by cheap portable devices....

ATC v. Genelec

Apologies for the OT question, but since two of you have ATC loudspeakers, I'd be interested to know if you have heard Genelec, and how their tonal balance compares. I'm looking for a pro loudspeaker less bright than the ATC. Thanks!

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

ATC v. Genelec

Apologies for the OT question, but since two of you have ATC loudspeakers, I'd be interested to know if you have heard Genelec, and how their tonal balance compares. I'm looking for a pro loudspeaker less bright than the ATC. Thanks!

I also have Genelec 8020 and they sound great. Less bright & less forward in the mid range than ATC but still detailed & revealing. Their 8020 has a 3 inch woofer and although it is weak in the deep bass (rather resonant) I love the sound.

Genelec speakers vary a bit in design philosophy so they are not all as good or consistent as ATC. The larger two way models with big woofers suffer from a scooped mid range.

If you need something powerful in a pro design that can reproduce drums convincingly (as well as everything else with total control like ATC) then look at a three way like Barefoot MM35 - scooped mids means not as forward in mids as ATC and they make music sound good and can play very loud.

At the recent AES Show in LA I got to hear the Genelec's. I found them pleasant sounding, , very subtle, yet the presence of the details of the ATC is what I enjoy even more so. I will remain with my ATC. My opinion.

ATC v. Genelec

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

Noble 5 should be right up your alley.

Classic : Noble

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

search on head fi for multi iem review. a member reviewed over 300 at differnet prices.

some of the popular are the shure, westone, noble, ultimate ears, sennheiser, etc

if you want the next level of comfort and isolation custom is the way to go.

1964ear have customs from around 400.