IGNORED

apple tv onscreen pass code

please don't make fun of the stupidity of this question(or lack of paying attention one year ago)

all of a sudden my apple tv and my mac mini in the 'display' section of preferences won't let me turn on AirPlay without entering a passcode-where do i find this passcode or retrieve it?

for the life of me i don't remember putting one in when i set up apple tv yet under 'security' the AirPlay code has a blue border and a check mark next to it

what do i have to do buy a new apple tv?? or, if i unplug everything on apple tv will it be reset and i can start all over?

thanks

bobbmd

Weird. There are some more settings under Airplay/Security on the Apple TV - have you checked them?

BTW: blue border means you have not updated your AppleTV to iOS8?

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

freann: short update and info for others with this problem-ie no/forgotten 'PASSCODE' for apple tv and attempting to integrate an iphone 6 and apple tv

1) with new i phone 6 must update a 3rd generation apple tv to i os 8 and you have to do it manually even if you have it set to 'automatic' updates

2) this may take a few tries mine took 2 attempts 1st one took an hour then failed during step one.

3) THEN once i had i os 8 on apple tv MUST NOT check 'PASSCODE' under security because nothing comes on during update process BUT do put in a simple "PASSWORD" put VERIFICATION ON

4) then you may have to 'restart' apple tv a few times

then it works follow simple on screen instructions and put on 'mirroring' and 'airplay' and it works

the fascinating thing was 'touching' your i phone to the apple tv and it automatically does the setup and integration between i phone and apple tv and iphone remote app.(HOW'D THEY DO THAT?)

i am now streaming Qobuz,TIDAL both in HiFI,lossless to my family room and also my transferred MOG playlists on Beats Music(which now has its own icon and channel on apple tv)

all sound great especially with headphones even BM --no crashes interruptions, dropouts like i have on have from BM coming directly via chrome or safari on my mac mini

thank you again for that 'update' suggestion bobbmd

Glad to hear it worked out. I did not experience any problems updating mine..?

Anyhow: the “automagical” configuration relies on bluetooth and the built in motion sensor. More of that!

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

Freann: again, mac mini airplay will not accept my family room apple tv passcode

I have reset and restarted apple tv 3x entering same passcode and the mac mini still says it will not accept it! any other suggestions- i have a call into apple support haven't heard back from yet-do you think i ought just buy a new apple tv only $99 here in usa

What did you do when it reverted back into displaying the code again? The settings should not change by itself.

AGAIN NO CODE WAS PRESENTED IT ASKED ME TO CREATE ONE IN AIRPLAY BOX. WHEN SHOULD AND WHERE DOES THIS SHOW UP IE THE APPLE GENERATED PASSCODE-I'LL JUST RESTORE AND RESTART IT AGAIN IF I HAVE TO AND WATCH CAREFULLY FOR IT AND DO I HAVE TO DO ANYTHING TO MAC MINI? BECAUSE WHEN I CLICK THE AIRPLAY ICON IT ALSO ASKS FOR A PASSCODE AND REJECTS IT AS DOES MY NEW IPHONE 6

oops, sorry for the caps forgot they were on

You did create a code? (“…asked me to create ome in Airplay box”). Also (don’t get me wrong here) but are you sure you typed the correct password?

This is not default behaviour. There is no defult or generated code.

A guess: an old password is loaded through the iTunes/iCloud account. Do a factory reset and skip the itunes/iCloud login. Does that work?