IGNORED

Little help with Aries set-up please.

Ok just purchased an Aries with the intention of running hard drives to an Oppo 105 ( full blown modwright mod). The OPPO currently plays 3 tb hard drives of off hi rez perfectly thru the standard usb and sounds very analog like. I am hoping for a bump in performance by being able to use its Asynch input w/ the Aries.

So while waiting for this feature I thought I would try to get it rolling thru a network. Updated the firmware in the Aries, downloaded the Lightning app on my on my Ipad as well as updating to Jriver 20 on my computer. The Lightning app shows my computer but no music files.

The start up guide is very vague to say the least so a little help from the pros would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Russ

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Have you selected with library you wish to use?

Click on the settings, Music Library then click on your media server so it shows a tick next to it?

Should then proceed to read the library and transfer the album art...

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

To add on to Keeper, go into the Lightning DS application. Settings - Music Library. Do you see your JRiver Server? If yes, select it and it should start scanning the music server (JRiver) for your music files. Also ensure you do have JRIVER setup as a server ( which I am assuming you have already done).

Perhaps post a snapshot of what you see in the settings under Music Library?

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

To add on to Keeper, go into the Lightning DS application. Settings - Music Library. Do you see your JRiver Server? If yes, select it and it should start scanning the music server (JRiver) for your music files. Also ensure you do have JRIVER setup as a server ( which I am assuming you have already done).

Perhaps post a snapshot of what you see in the settings under Music Library?

Thanks for the help, I know I am a few clicks away. Jriver does not show up in the lightning app. Shows the computer but no music

files.

Jriver plays fine on the computer w/album art etc.

If someone could give me step by step that would be cool. All hardware connections and apps are correct. Just missing something here.

Thanks,

Russ

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Have you done this?

Screen Shot 2014-11-08 at 10.22.19 AM.png

You should see this. Notice how the "2 ch ARIES" is blue and the other is not? You will need to select that.

ARIES - Mac.jpg

This is what Barr is speaking about going to "Music Library".

Music Library.jpg

Barr - If I'm off on anything please correct me.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Sorry, are you on a MAC or PC?

If your on a MAC you may be better with Minimserver as I still find MC20 unstable on my MAC.

Also not sure how MC20 refreshes the server, with Minimserver you can force a refresh of content, then refresh the Lightning DS application. Comes in handy if your updating TAGs I found.

Get it working first, the pics above are spot on, then you can think and play with servers.........

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

Sorry, are you on a MAC or PC?

If your on a MAC you may be better with Minimserver as I still find MC20 unstable on my MAC.

Also, Minimserver doesn't need much setting up to get it working, as it's a dedicted music only UPnP media server and nothing else, unlike JRiver. You just need to tell MinimServer where your music files are located and away you go.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Also, Minimserver doesn't need much setting up to get it working, as it's a dedicted music only UPnP media server and nothing else, unlike JRiver. You just need to tell MinimServer where your music files are located and away you go.

True Story.

One more thing regarding Minimserver. If you can, please donate to keep Simon going with this project. It's too good to stop! Further, Simon is extremely responsive on his forum should you need it.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Thanks guys getting closer. I am using a PC. I have the artwork now on the ipad lightning app. I am not seeing the 2 ch Aries icon as the pic shows. It shows a Denon 2112 receiver I have in another room, and the pc. So it looks as though the Lightning Ipad app is not communicating with the Aries. Could it be a router issue?

Thanks,

Russ

Go into the Lightning DS application.

Choose Settings (click the little gear wheel icon on the bottom left of screen)

Click Device. Select the Device listed to the right of "Device". Under "Device" what does it list as your Device Name? That is the name of the device you should be looking for.

How is your Aries plugged in? Wired or Wireless?

See Post #5? Looking at the third picture as an example, what devices are listed?

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

I am not seeing the 2 ch Aries icon as the pic shows.

To change the name of your ARIES you follow these steps.

Press the gear in the lower left corner that is blue in this picture. Then press select the ARIES (yours should show some sort of serial number).

Step 1.jpg

Then you can go to edit and call it whatever makes sense to you. I've named mine 2 ch ARIES as you can have multiple ARIES' throughout the location that all share the music server.

Step 2.jpg